The dark side?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dark side? ------ Dork side?

Hard is the choice for one so young. Afraid of what will come you must not be. Listen to your heart and certain you will be about what is "light" and what is "dark".

"scubayoda" told me this while crouched around a fire in a non-diveable swamp.

So what is required to switch to DIN. I wanted to buy new tanks and was thinking of getting HP. Do you just need an adapter thingy or do you have to get new regs?

I started off with SP Jets, then to a BP/W, and my 7' hose should be in tomorrow. Since I couldn't get my doubles (I blame Scubaboard!! I also thank ScubaBoard!!) I'm goingto invest in new first and second stage regulators. After that not sure, maybe a light or 1200.00 worth of boat dives. :wink:

Michael

Most regs can easily be converted with a din converson kit.

For your SP regs, here it is! http://www.leisurepro.com/Prod/Categ...DC3.html?Hit=1

Thanks! Is there "extra point of failure" issues with using said adaptor? I read in other threads on it you should do a full conversion kit rather than just use an adaptor because or point of failure issues...

diverdan214:
Thanks! Is there "extra point of failure" issues with using said adaptor? I read in other threads on it you should do a full conversion kit rather than just use an adaptor because or point of failure issues...
One more O-ring with the adaptor. If used only on rec dives not a serious hazard compared to purely yoke setup. For deep and tec etc it's a nono:no only a conversion is then apropriate:14:

Marek K:
Yeah, but what do the dorks use? (Dark Side? Dork Side?)

Dork Divers don't care what you use. :wink:

Dave
DDHF

AzAtty:
Naw, changing from yoke to DIN is what you do so that you won't look like a dork and have the SoCal crew laugh at you when you visit them.

Even DORK Divers can use DIN.

Dave
DDHF

Back
Top Bottom