The great big, all-inclusive Leisure Pro note

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

docmartin:
ouch, that stinks. you really need a new vip from each shop where you get a fill? i would love to buy a tank from my local shop in hoboken but they don't carry pst.

On a subject of PST… I am also looking to get the new E8-130 PST tanks... I have heard that they are on back order until April/March timeframe due to some legal problems that the company is going through in regards to production of those tanks. Apparently, it is very expensive and not quite environmentally safe to produce these tanks and they got some sort of legal thing going on, which they try to clear up before continuing production of a new batch of those tanks... at least this is what I have heard, this may not be entirely true, of course.

IzzyTahil:
Do you think anyone of those guys has ever been diving? i dont think so:)

I've been buying great equipment at amazing prices there for years and none of the guys I've spoken to have been divers.

But then I'm not paying them for advice.

Everyone confuses LP with a local dive shop... They are not.
They are a bunch of creative NY business men who discovered that the dive industry has a bunch of arbitrary and highly controlled pricing policies that can be "worked around".

They buy stock from out of business dive shops, relieve marginal dive shops of excess inventory and have relationships with other dive shops where they "piggyback" orders so the smaller dive shop has the benefit of a larger order and a more favorable pricing rate from the manufacturer.

I've never had anything serviced by them but I have made several returns and always been very satisfied with their customer service.

I don't call them for advice, but I do call them when I want gear at almost half the price of my LDS.

docmartin:
thanks for the helpful answer. had no idea that lp did no vip and would sell the tanks completely empty. i will definitely look to buy from a local shop.

Tanks are the only thing that my LDS sells competitively.

You can get a tank and valve at LP and save $50.00 but....

My LDS will VIS the tank and give me $1.00 fills for the life of the tank, so the $50.00 is a wash.]

Plus it's my way of supporting my LDS.

Except for the odd dive saving item all other purchases are LP.

divinglife:
Hey DOC!!! OF COURSE we carry steels!!!! we usually sell pretty little 120s with the dual din and yoke valve. (I'm just assuming we are your LDS, hehehe). Stop on by or pm me.
Doc I don't think anything on PST's site is up to date. TSC isn't listed as a dealer either, and I'm pretty sure they are!

Damn, at least update you dealer list!

grunzster:
Doc I don't think anything on PST's site is up to date. TSC isn't listed as a dealer either, and I'm pretty sure they are!

Damn, at least update you dealer list!
TSC is a local dealer and have cylinders in stk!

docmartin:
thanks for the helpful answer. had no idea that lp did no vip and would sell the tanks completely empty. i will definitley look to buy from a local shop.
The SCUBA Connection is a PST dealer & have tanks in stock we're big fans of the e8-119 series.

I need one of the older PST HP 120's, I have three and need one more to make two sets of doubles.

Please let me know if you have one and are interested in get rid of it.

Hey guys,

I can't help it but I must say I have never heard so much wining and griping about such little stuff before. I haven't heard anyone say "I got ripped off." "They took my money and never shipped the stuff I ordered." Just about every "complaint" I read (got tired of reading them. they all started to sound alike) was about nitpicking petty nonsense. Hey, I order online all the time. Just about everything I buy is ordered online. Not just dive gear. It is a convenience and a money saver 9 times out of 10. Sometimes businesses make mistakes. Hasn't anyone ever had to return an item to a brick and mortar business before? Do you ask the store to pay your gas for driving back and forth to pick up and return the item? Do you demand to be paid for your time lost while you didn't have use of a defective item? Weren't you ever confronted with a rude sales clerk in a retail store before? Hey, many times when you return an item to a LDS they just turn around and ship it back to their source and you have to wait to get it shipped back and forth to them before you ever see it again. This is just how commerce works. So what's the big deal? It just starts to sound like everyone here wants someone to kiss their *** all the time just because you spend a few bucks on something. Look, LP must be doing something right. They are in business for a long time and have a very loyal following. Anyway, if it makes you feel good and you want to bash them go ahead. I don't have any financial interest in the place. But, if you are going to bash them do it for something serious. Not over $2.00 or because a busy guy on the phone in NYC didn't kiss your *** when you called. Hey guys diving is fun and it's expensive. Gear, fills, boat charters, vacations, certifications, whatever. Maybe if a $2.00 return shipping charge is more than you can deal with you should get into something a little less intense (i.e., less expensive). Just my $.02 worth. I guess I'll be right there in front of the firing squad with LP now. Oh well.

I found a great regulator pakage on leisure pro for 315.00 that includes the bag, the reg and the octo, my first question is should I order it from leisure pro "or" try to find it a lds since this is the meat a bones of my equipment I just need some sound advice. And the second question is does anyone know if the genesis yukon reg is nitrox compatible. thanks

orca125:
I found a great regulator pakage on leisure pro for 315.00 that includes the bag, the reg and the octo, my first question is should I order it from leisure pro "or" try to find it a lds since this is the meat a bones of my equipment I just need some sound advice. And the second question is does anyone know if the genesis yukon reg is nitrox compatible. thanks

You will find many different opinions about buy from LP. You can do a search on this board. I do buy from LP, but not life support devices such as regulators. I buy things like cheap fins, wetsuits, clips, etc. I would not buy a regulator from LP since LP buys it's stuff on the grey market. They are not authorized resellers of most of their equipment.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom