The great dive computer poll 2004

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Suunto Stinger, Oceanic Datamax Pro Plus, and looking at an Air Z Nitrox Uwatec. The Oceanic displays well, is easy to understand, good for a quick read, but has a hose, which I don't like, though the console is easy to hold out in front of me and includes my compass.
The stinger is backup only, cool dive watch, pretty, big display as compared to the Citizen, was a bday gift per request, and I like their algarithm explanations on the site.

Suunto Mosquito, but am hoping Mr Mares will buy me the Mares Nemo for Xmas. Hint Hint if you read this Darling Hubby :wink:

gedunk:
Oooh naughty, Paula dates a Solution and a Companion. :eyebrow:

Sorry Paula, it was too big a door to not go through. :wink:

I have a Solution too but primarily use my Stinger, Beuchat (Uwatec) Pros, or OMS bottom timers depending on what kind of diving i'm doing.

The gadgets do have a way of piling up after awhile don't they?

They sure do pile up. Especially since my father and two sisters only resort/vacation dive now. I've have lots of extras! Including my father's old drysuit - he's 6'6" and a big so there's NO WAY I'll be using it.

But, the big question is... does your Solution light up? I sure wish mine did.

& the other question.... I'm wondering if we bought it from the same person. Was Jack your man?

Paula

Cochran Gemini 3 Gas with Intelligent wrist unit and Monitor wrist unit.

Suunto Vytec w/transmitter and Aladdin Pro Nitrox

Genesis Wisdom with Qdisconnect and Suunto Vytec w/transmitter

diver_paula:
But, the big question is... does your Solution light up? I sure wish mine did.

& the other question.... I'm wondering if we bought it from the same person. Was Jack your man?

Paula

Yeah mine does have a backlight feature but it doesn't work that well so your not missing much. Plus if your like me, you wouldn't use it much since it uses your battery up faster. :wink:

Actually, i don't use mine much at all anymore and may sell it. I've been eyeballing some of the multiple gas/trimix boxes lately.

I got my Solution as part of an instructor package deal Seaquest was running at the time but it wasn't through Scuba Norte. I know Jack but don't really deal with his shop much. He is a good guy, runs a nice shop but he is NAUI, & i'm PADI, so its kinda natural that i deal with the PADI shops in the area.

cra2:
Just got an archimedes wrist for the wife.

Good Trade! LOL

Uwatec Aladin Air Z Nitrox.
- Wireless AI
- MemoMouse

It was one of my first purchases. I didn't have a clue what I was doing, so I asked my salesguy what computer he used and why.

I like the logs on my PC. The Remarks field is too small though. It "alarms" a lot from losing communicaiton with the air integration unit. Usually when I am doing my ascents.

I really like it a lot. It is pretty easy to use, and very clear. It doesn't have a safety stop timer though, which would be cool.

Mark

Back
Top Bottom