The Halcyon Eclipse single tank wing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i am considering going to bp/wing set up. this isnt about maybe there might be something cheaper to buy or whatever. if i go to bp/wings setup this will be it.

which brings me to my question. i dive fort lauderdale beaches and about once a month go on dives on local charters. i use AL80's. im 6'0 foot about 250. am i making a good choice getting this setup?

thanks

fernando

when you finally dove with this configuration, will be hard not to recommend it, to everyone who ask about equipment to buy. good choice.

Considering the Eclipse uses an STA you should be able to use a differnt wing and doubles later down the road if you need. You basically seem to be looking at BP/W designs only, so I'd say yes, this should be good for you.

IMO the Halcyon wings are simply the best quality available. I have yet to see an eclipse but have a pioneer and an explorer and have been happy with them. I think if the eclipse had been available at the time I would have got it instead of the pioneer for several reasons. A bladder puncture is much easier to repair with the liner and keeping the STA separate allows different choices in STAs (i. e. weighted versus non-weighted).

I don’t like the Halcyon’s “one size fits all” backplate approach and recommend you check out Fred-T plates. Additionally I prefer the hardware that came with my Fred-T harness kit over Halcyon’s.

Mike

That should be fine, I'd recommend going with the 30lb. eclipse.

If you're still looking, check out the Dive Rite Venture, that's what I dive and love it (same double bag design, same amount of lift).

Ben

My daughter uses an Eclipse. Very nice setup.

My only complaint is that the water that gets into the bladder is a pain to remove. My Balance BC was much easier (partly maybe because of the lack of backplate weight).

I'll probably get an Oxycheq wing and FredT backplate in the near future ( assuming that the Empire-Halcyon :death2: doesn't defeat the Resistance-EveryoneElse :14: )

Yes, I would agree that the Oxycheq signature series and the Dive Rite Venture wing deserves a look at if you are considering the Eclipse. Personally, I am planning on getting the Oxycheq signature series 30# wing in the near future (I already own the 45# wing of the older design, and I love it).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom