The Keys "Way of Life"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We are laid back and easy going in the upper keys ! If you need a reality check
Miami is an hour away .
Cheers !

WHOAAAA......

Miami is "Reality"?!?!

Oh crap!
Somebody....
Anybody...
Please...!!
Say it ain't so.

Chug
A step closer to abandoning all hope.

WHOAAAA......

Miami is "Reality"?!?!

Oh crap!
Somebody....
Anybody...
Please...!!
Say it ain't so.

Chug
A step closer to abandoning all hope.

I grew up in LA, my wife grew up in Chicago, we lived in Philadelphia for many years, we're temporarily in Basel, I'll take Hypoluxo as my reality. Go Chugwump.

I grew up in LA, my wife grew up in Chicago, we lived in Philadelphia for many years, we're temporarily in Basel, I'll take Hypoluxo as my reality. Go Chugwump.

Scubadada.....
This "LA" of which you reference.....
The left coast hippieville City of Angels,
Or Lower Alabama/The Redneck Riviera??

Chug
From the other LA....
and cannot find Milton Georgia on a map to save my life.

Scubadada.....
This "LA" of which you reference.....
The left coast hippieville City of Angels,
Or Lower Alabama/The Redneck Riviera??

Chug
From the other LA....
and cannot find Milton Georgia on a map to save my life.

I was born and raised in the LA to the far left, lived in SoCal until I was 25:hippy:

I was born and raised in the LA to the far left, lived in SoCal until I was 25:hippy:

I also was raised in CA, mostly LA and Orange County and left when I was 20. I love going back out to see friends or attend high school reunions but I'm also happy to leave as well. The mountains and Pacific are so beautiful and most of the people are really nice, but the smog, traffic, cost of living, etc make me happy to be leaving as well.

To Chug's musings, neither Miami or LA are 'reality' for most of this country's residents. Don't abandon all hope

I'm not really sure why I feel compelled to post this. But I guess it's because I really like the people on this site. I mean we all share this love for underwater stuff and that alone separates us from the land bound humans ...LOL

And this is a great website.... with some very cool people. Including everyone that posted here.

You've got to admit that we all differ in what we consider to be a great place to visit, or live. And every place has its good points and...not so good points.

But sometimes I think people (including me) need to understand the diversity of the culture, people and the places we've visited have made us understand that there is no "perfect place" in this world.

After many decades of world travel (experiencing good and not so good...smiling here ) I've learned that each geographic location has its own special people and own special purpose. And when we look for good... we usually (but not always) find it.

I hope all of you that have a desire to find that "laid back place" realize that peace is where you find it.....and the south Florida and Keyes can fit that description if you are open enough to find it.

So my suggestion is .... lets go get Lobster, fish, enjoy the sun and sand and explore (& video..then post here!) the undersea world down here....This is paradise for sure.

Love this group of scubaboard people!

All good points FlNativeGuy: I was being somewhat tongue and cheek in that there can be a lot of wealth, expensive restaurants, Ferrari automobiles, high end night clubs, plastic surgeons and that sort of thing in both Miami and LA. Sort of out of touch compared to many people's lives. I didn't mean to sound anti-diverse or anything like that if that's the way I came off.

The diving can't be beat around here.

Last edited:
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom