The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I had the chance to see this movie last weekend in Baltimore, and it was great! Speedos and red knit caps a' plenty. It was a riot, and I'll be seeing it again on the 25th.

pennypue:
LOL, Dr. Bill, I don't think Bill Murray will EVER have the same effect as Jacques......Sparky.......oh, nooooooo. Speedo's should be worn by Olympic swimmers or 10 year olds!!!!!

Yes, I'm afraid I retired my Speedos about 40 years ago. At the time, the women loved 'em on us swimmers and lifeguards. I could probably get away with it today if I get back in shape (which I'm not at the moment thanks to the holiday season and my lack of will power).

Dr. Bill
Speedo Scientist

drbill:
Yes, I'm afraid I retired my Speedos about 40 years ago. At the time, the women loved 'em on us swimmers and lifeguards. I could probably get away with it today if I get back in shape (which I'm not at the moment thanks to the holiday season and my lack of will power).

Dr. Bill
Speedo Scientist
Yes but remember, they're 40 years old, the elastic would be shot in them, so they're quite stretched out.................

I'm planning on dropping my the cinema and buying tickets tomorrow (time permitting).

Groundhog246:
I'm planning on dropping my the cinema and buying tickets tomorrow (time permitting).

Me too! It's 35 degrees outside, and I'm going to walk to the theater for tickets at lunch? I hope it's as good as it sounds!

BTW, Pennypue, I must agree with you!

cowprintrabbit:
Me too! It's 35 degrees outside, and I'm going to walk to the theater for tickets at lunch? I hope it's as good as it sounds!

BTW, Pennypue, I must agree with you!
I saw "Meet the Fockers" last night. It rocked. And since we had a really good snowstorm the theater was mostly empty so I got a lot fewer dirty looks for laughing my behind off. Barbara Streisand and Dustin Hoffmann were excellent. They alone were worth the price of the ticket. But, as an added bonus, my beloved Owen Wilson does make an appearance near the end of the movie. And if you do go, wait while the credits roll, they added some lovely vignettes at the end, way too funny.

Can't wait for the next one!!!

Ah, Bill Murray and Owen Wilson for Christmas!!!! The only way it could get any better is if I were watching it on Christmas Day, in an airplane enroute to a lovely tropical dive locale with Mempilot as the captain, and subsequent DB. :lilbunny:

Girl's gotta dream, you know.:wink:

I will be interested to see if anyone liked the movie. If madcap hilarity is what you were looking for , this was not it. The movie was something else completely. I can see what he was trying to do, but I will bet most people will consider it a waste of time. I laughed a few times, but it was a struggle to get through.

Back
Top Bottom