The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just to even out the opinions a bit, I saw The Life Aquatic this weekend and really got a kick out of it. A great scuba documentary it is not, but if you liked Bottle Rocket, Rushmore or The Royal Tenenbaums, you'll probably like this too. It's not qute as good as Anderson's previous films and does drag in spots, but it's still a worthwhile film and better than most of the hollywood pulp.

Looks like i will wait for it to come on DVD at Blockbuster then :wink:
Dive Source:
Did see "The Aviator" though last night, which was a great movie!
Sorry i completely disagree, i havent seen a slower, more dull, more crass 3 hour movie in ages - and i didnt appreciate seeing Leo diCaprio's backside for half the movie - just didnt do it for me. There are better movies out there, meet the fockers looks like my next must see.

I think I realized about 5 minutes into The Life Aquatic that there was no real underwater material coming. It was quite slow for the most part but so was Lost In Translation so if you watch it for an offbeat, sort of whacked-out Bill Muray movie it's OK; as a dive movie it's a dog.

Of course then I realized that nothing in the trailer promised any underwater footage, and it is a Wes Anderson movie, so whatever other expectations I might have had were made up by me. A lot of the humor won't be "gotten" by people unfamiliar with Cousteau, especially the satirical takeoffs on his relationship with his sons and wife. An interesting experiment, though, probably one that goes best with alcohol.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom