The Med in winter?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks everyone for the wonderful tips! Mark, I'll add a snorkel to my Berlingo next year, then drive to Gozo. Hmmm...it's going to be difficult to choose. Some of my friends did dive Croatia a couple of months ago. They are still talking about how good the diving was, so I plan to return with them this year to see for myself. We are a mixed group...some are advanced, some rescue and perhaps a divemaster or two, depending on who goes on the trip. Some are trimix, while others have the deep specialty. I think I must get the guys together for a beer so we can decide.

Again, thanks very much!

Phil

Have been to south france. And it was wonderful.....
I've been to St Cyr sur Mer, approx. 80 kilometers east of Marseille.
The Dive center, called Lecques Aquanaut, was very good. They have a homepage too, so you can have a look first. Descriptions about their dive spot and so on. I loved it

......but I have no idea, if they are open in winter .......brrrrr...... it's cold :wink:

I think some centres in Mallorca and Ibiza are open year round. Obviously you stand more chance of losing days due to weather but even in mid winter the water is unlikely to be much below 15c.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone! I think we will probably drive down to the area around Girona in Spain. I think I will wait until I get back from my trip to Marsa Alam to take the planning further than that. I'm dreaming of 22C water and unlimited diving in two weeks!

happy New Year all!

Phil

Drysuits and doubles in Girona? If you are into the more technical stuff try www.techdive.it and do the Haven. Lots of diving round Portofino if fish and reefs are your thing also. Nice drive through Switzerland and snow capped mountains...

Is it really that bad in Holland? Please say no as we are moving to Luxembourg....

Chris

Hi Chris. Is it bad in Holland? Well...uhhh...hmmm...what is your definition of bad? How about I say it's different than the Med? I'd love to take the guys and head for italy. I lived in Puglia for three years and go back to Italy every chance I get. I'll look at the site and see what the others think. Thanks for the tip!

Phil

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom