The next best thing to diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

seaangel

Reaction score
Just thinking about my day today. I can't go diving because my regulator is in the shop. I found cuts on my LP hose and decided to leave it to be changed out and have all the hoses wrapped in hose protectors, also dropped off my tank for a fill. So how am I to spend my time other than house chores. Go shopping for my soon to be grandson! Yep, only one month to go now and I am ready to shop til I drop for him. That has to be the next best thing to diving for me. How about some of the rest of you?

Oh yea, and he will be a diver, already making plans for swimming lessons as soon as he can. Looking for a T-shirt for him with a dive flag or something too. If you know of any let me in on where I can get it. Thanks.

I only got certified this summer, so scuba is a recent addition to my list. Unfortunately I don't have my own equipment yet (getting everything together slowly), so I don't have the full flexibility to just go out on a whim.
In general I tend to gravitate to the outdoors. I do a lot of hiking and backpacking, and in winter downhill skiing. The only indoor activity I enjoy quite a bit is ballroom dancing.
I would be hard pressed if I had to choose any one of these as my absolute favorite... I guess it depends on the mod I'm in as well :D

Cesar

PS. I'm not even close to having my own children yet... :wink:

I don't dive in the winter months!:cold:
Way too cold for me. I know, I am a wuss!
So during the winter, we have season tickets to hockey!:fist:
I suppose going to the hockey games and watching a good fight, whether it be on the ice or in the stands, is the next best thing for me!
Other than that I have school to keep me busy.

When I can't dive, I read about diving, think about diving and go to web sites about diving, and oh yes, there's the motorcycle.

If I can't dive I do think about it a lot and plan for the next dives and gear other then that....if I am not diving cuz of the weather then check my signature below.

I have to admit I can't completely do something else without diving entering my mind or activities in some way. Even though I went shopping for my soon to be grandson, I went to my LDS to check on my regulator and see if it was ready. It wasn't, but my new tank was in and I talked with several of my dive friends. Then
I went on my shopping.

I spend my time away from diving atleast one hour a day thinking, reading or looking at dive related things. Almost every day. I have the diving bug bad.

A few years ago we went to South Africa and going to the game parks was like diving only on land. I seen animals that I heard about but never seen and saw animals I've never heard of like a Civet, Genet and several kinds of Bush Babies. If I had a chance to that again I'd would. We did also dive while in South Africa and it was very exciting.

Dive Safe,
Caymaniac

For me the next best thing to diving would be being curled up in a hot tub with a good book. Either romance or diving mags. Either way it can't be beat.

Jessica

If I can't go diving for some reason, my first step is to identify the reason and figure out how to overcome it.

If that doesn't work, I go skiing.

If I'm not diving, I'm working on my next trip, or sending people on their next trip.
I sent three families to Disney World last week!
I also try to get some time in on my treadmill, my bike, or swim some laps at the pool.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom