The O must be done

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

[GOOGLE][/GOOGLE]

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we get to make it this time. Hopefully we'll get a good turnout for the trip and get to visit the O before another storm turns her on her side. Then when she does get turned we have an excuse to go back and do it again.

If the O gets turned on her side, will she even be in rec range, aside from hovering several feet above?

If the O gets turned on her side, will she even be in rec range, aside from hovering several feet above?

Well, she's 162' at the widest and only 151' tall so if she'd get rolled onto her port side, that might be an improvement. However, I doubt she would have the flight deck vertical so who knows what the dive depths might start at.

-Rob

I really don't think she will turn on her side but I'd still dive her if she did. Any additional depth would just be another good reason to get a little more training before you do it. Where there's a will there's a way.

I like your attitude GRD! That's my take on it!

Your on the list Ben. Looks like me and you, truck1 is a maybe and Larry has mentioned it so he is a maybe as well. There are a couple of other maybes to ad to the list so it looks like we are on our way to a full boat. woohoo.

Your in Zardoz. TDP if you want on the boat that is fine. Its going to be a long drive to go from Orlando to Pensicola for the day though. Thats why we are doing a weekend trip. Its 7 hours from Tampa so I'm thinking it will be the same from there if not longer.

The list so far is
Me
Polarbear Ben
Zardoz
scobahdood
truck1
Jesse
If you want in on this don't worry. I have a line on a second boat so we should be good. I will have to have definates from people in the next couple weeks so I can get rooms booked.

Last edited:
Go ahead and put me down as going
Ill let you know if my other half is going to go also. She wont dive as she does not feel comfortable enough do go that deep yet.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom