The Perfect Date

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i've had MRE's, and i prefer to survive on crackers and condensed milk, thanks :wink:

LOL. FreeFloat,

I spent some time up in Moosejaw with your CAFTD. We exchanged a few MRE's for IMP's. I think they got the better deal. LOL

FreeFloat:
I bring my own coffee in the field - Folgers instant crystals, along with sugar, Coffee-Mate and spoons. :D

I'm usually invited to rack uot in teh Admin tent.... clerks love their morning coffee....... :D

I could regale you with tales of Canadian rations - called IMPs (Individual Meal Packs) and boy do I have a few tales of those. For example, there's actually a selection that includes a tiny loaf of bread about 4"x6" and about 1" thick....... it has duly earned the nickname "s*** brick".

DMP:
Ever had that MRE shelf bread yet??? Next time they have a hurricane in Fl, they can use those to reroof some houses down there.
Actually no, through some stroke of blind luck I've managed to escape ever being treated to MREs.... go figure.

One time I was on a Brigade exercise at Fort Ripley, however, and was very amused to see that American mess staff consider potato chips an appropriate side for every meal besidse Breakfast....... :D

DMP and others were talking about keeping things flowing, as it were!
<snickering>

H2Andy:
hey all.. back on track (more or less)

unless a member decides to share private information through their profile
or by posting about it, let's please keep private information private.

various people seem to have gotten upset, etc... so... just a few posts
removed to keep things flowing

Randy, i think without a doubt that is the worst joke ever made on this
board =)

FreeFloat:
Actually no, through some stroke of blind luck I've managed to escape ever being treated to MREs.... go figure.

One time I was on a Brigade exercise at Fort Ripley, however, and was very amused to see that American mess staff consider potato chips an appropriate side for every meal besidse Breakfast....... :D

Everytime we went to the field, we always had a few containers of "real food" to take with us. The propane manufacturers are sure happy, seems to be the #1 packing list item; propane stoves.

Sterno?

I remember the old heat tabs.....talk about a waste of good toxic chemicals. Those things wouldn't heat up a half cup of water. The first lot of MRE's were a treat that I had in boot camp. Still remember the first one, spicy meat chunks. At least i got the dehydrated strawberries with it.

wstein:
I remember the old heat tabs.....talk about a waste of good toxic chemicals. Those things wouldn't heat up a half cup of water. The first lot of MRE's were a treat that I had in boot camp. Still remember the first one, spicy meat chunks. At least i got the dehydrated strawberries with it.

Those are great when you peal back the tape on a smoke grenade and put them in there. Instant CS grenade :11: (hmmm I dunno if I should have told you that trick).

Back
Top Bottom