"The Return of the Egg" Ft. Pickens and P-Cola Pier Rubble Report 9-10-10

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bumps and rubbing on a dive Denise is on? You sure it was the spade fish??:D

Yes, I did feel a few light bumps from them on the back of my legs. I've had some get curious at Pickens, but not like this!

EDIT- - just saw that Walter said pretty much the same thing.

Bumps and rubbing on a dive Denise is on? You sure it was the spade fish??:D

:rofl3:

Denise wasn't with us for dive #3 (P-Cola Pier Rubble) or she may have been a suspect :D. The first time I dove the Pier Rubble several years ago I experienced the overly friendly spadefish rubbing on my legs. I let out a scream and thought I was about to be eaten. When I saw it was a huge school of spadefish rubing on my legs I was really puzzled as to what they were doing. After that I just expected the spade fishe to rub my legs during my dives there and they have every time I have gone there since.

Okay Walter, I guess I should have said it this way. Carl, Walter was on this dive with you....are you sure it was the spadefish rubbing your leg?? :D

:rofl3:

Denise wasn't with us for dive #3 (P-Cola Pier Rubble) or she may have been a suspect :D. The first time I dove the Pier Rubble several years ago I experienced the overly friendly spadefish rubbing on my legs. I let out a scream and thought I was about to be eaten. When I saw it was a huge school of spadefish rubing on my legs I was really puzzled as to what they were doing. After that I just expected the spade fishe to rub my legs during my dives there and they have every time I have gone there since.

WooooHoooo.. Girl I told you it wouldn't be long before you got back in.....So glad to hear that you made your 1st plunge again.....

Glad to see you had a great dive after so long out of the water! Now you just have to head to the springs to get that nasty salt off your gear!! :wink:

Awesome report! Congrats, Denise!

WooooHoooo.. Girl I told you it wouldn't be long before you got back in.....So glad to hear that you made your 1st plunge again.....

Thanks soo much sweetie!! I waited until I was cleared and recleared from all the docs. They began to look at me and say...."Why are you here?"

Ditto, glad you are back in. Congratulations!:)

Thank you soo much! See you at Vortoberfest!

Glad to see you had a great dive after so long out of the water! Now you just have to head to the springs to get that nasty salt off your gear!! :wink:

LOL..how does next weekend sound? :)

Awesome report! Congrats, Denise!

Thank you so much!! I am truly blessed! I will never take that for granted again!

Okay Walter, I guess I should have said it this way. Carl, Walter was on this dive with you....are you sure it was the spadefish rubbing your leg?? :D

I think Walter was on the dive the day I was rubbed - is there a pattern here? :rofl3:

I thought the whole spadefish rubbing was very cool until I realized they were just trying to get rid of their parasites on me :D . I've seen them rub the sand at the Destin jetties but they never came near me like they did in P'cola.

I caught some rubbing action in Destin on video. Look at about 01:44 in this clip:
Click on the picture below​

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom