The Scopolamine / Scop topic

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I did not have any of those side effects, but the thing just didn;t work for me at all. And that's in addition to wearing that ReleifBand... I still got sick and couldn't dive. Will never use the patch again. what a waste.

I had an allergic reaction to the patch. A huge welt the size of a golf ball in circumfrence behind both ears! When I got home my GP was aghast at my reaction. Not only did I have the two welts, but both my glands were swollen trying to fend off the allergic reaction. Of course, I also had the blurry vision, and equilibrium issues on land.

No scop for me!

Back to meclizine, ginger and sight deprivation.

It is correct that scopolamine is used for dilating a patients' eyes, but for this purpose it is applied topically, not by patch or orally.

If you experienced a dilation of the eyes, especially the right one, that cleared within 48 hours it very likely was because you got scopolamine on your fingers while applying the patch and then touched on or around your eyes, especially the right one The instructions for use specifically warn about this.

Best regards.

DocVikingo

Has anybody had a bad reaction or any experience with the Scopolamine patch?

Thanks

My pharmacist suggested that I use 1/2 of a scop patch as a way of reducing side-effects. (I am 5' 1'' tall) I do this and it works wonderfully.

(razor--Read this thread from the beginning to answer your question.)

I get incredibly seasick very easily, even on ferries. I'm not kidding. I love to dive though but i'm always obsessing about how far the boat is going and how choppy it is out. it sucks. so have any of you heard about those watches that do some sort of electric stimulus? do those work?

Diver Lori:
I had an allergic reaction to the patch. A huge welt the size of a golf ball in circumfrence behind both ears! When I got home my GP was aghast at my reaction. Not only did I have the two welts, but both my glands were swollen trying to fend off the allergic reaction. Of course, I also had the blurry vision, and equilibrium issues on land.

No scop for me!

Back to meclizine, ginger and sight deprivation.

Your description is suggestive of possible contact allergy to the adhesive in the patch. Was that considered by your doctor? Do you get the same reaction if you take scopolamine in a different form (tablet or gel)?

Craig Sherman, M.D.

I'm picking up a script for Scopace tonight from my pharmacy....called in by my doc earlier this week. The pharmacy had to order it in for me. The doc wants me to try the tablet on dry land before leaving the country to make sure I don't have another nasty reaction like I did to the patch.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom