The things that people will try to sell...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lets see $20 for tank thats not even a SCUBA tank, plus new valve since a reg won't hook up to it and then the hydro and VIP...I think I would buy a new one for that. Also got to figure in that it is probably REEAALLLYY negative. Guess it would be a good tank if you dove wet in the ocean and needed about 40 lbs to sink. Hell take half the weight off your belt with that bad boy on your back.

Did anybody notice that there are no details about shipping? I bet somebody just got scammed. I didn't look at the feedback for the seller but he was running at 90.3%. That is pretty sad for E-bay

I noted with amusement that the seller seemed willing to ship to pretty much anywhere in the civilized world, that he does NOT accept PayPal, but that Western Union or a personal check are fine with him as long as he can keep the tank til the payment "clears".

*ahem* SCAM *ahem*

FreeFloat:
I noted with amusement that the seller seemed willing to ship to pretty much anywhere in the civilized world, that he does NOT accept PayPal, but that Western Union or a personal check are fine with him as long as he can keep the tank til the payment "clears".

*ahem* SCAM *ahem*

Maybe, maybe not. As a seller, PayPal is going to cost him something and he might not want to sacrifice any additional expenses. If I were selling on ebay today, I wouldn't ship an item paid for with a cashiers/certified check until it cleared. Maybe a better way to check the seller's intentions is to ask if you can pick it up in person and pay cash.

Paypal doesn't cost anything unless the buyer uses a credit card. A cashiers check or money order are guaranteed money so there should be no reason to wait for it to clear.

The buyer still got scammed because he has a tank that is pretty much useless as a dive tank. If he is going to use it for SCBA then he might have gotten a deal.

Most of the times that this guy sold anything he got negative feedback. It seems that he always had a problem with shipping. And the buyer just signed up on E-bay.

crpntr133:
Paypal doesn't cost anything unless the buyer uses a credit card.

Not quite correct. If you have Personal account, there is no option to accept credit card payments. If you have Premier or Business account then there will be a fee regardless of how buyer pays - credit card, checking account, PayPal balance, whatever...

well true to predictions - he got scammed
...this was the feedback he left:

BEWARE!! NO response to numerous Emails! WILL NOT EVER DO BUSSINESS!!!

What made me leery at the outset is the fact that for a old steel SCBA tank with no reserve price and a winning bid of only $20, the seller claims willing to ship pretty much anywhere...........

Correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't shipping a steel tank outside the USA cost more than $20? Heck wouldn't shipping a steel tank across the USA cost more than $20??

FreeFloat:
What made me leery at the outset is the fact that for a old steel SCBA tank with no reserve price and a winning bid of only $20, the seller claims willing to ship pretty much anywhere...........

Correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't shipping a steel tank outside the USA cost more than $20? Heck wouldn't shipping a steel tank across the USA cost more than $20??

Can we change the topic of this thread to "What some people will do for 20 bucks"?

fgriffith:
Can we change the topic of this thread to "What some people will do for 20 bucks"?

Well that would lead to other things being discussed and someone getting kicked off SB..

True about the Paypal payment issue. I simply state in my auctions that I don't accept credit cards..plain, simple and easy.

I would really like to know what the buyer was going to do with the tank.

The weird part is that the feedback was posted on the 30th and the auction ended on the 29th. I hope the buyer realizes that life happens and some people can't check their email daily.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom