"The World's first power heated wetsuit"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Half of a drysuit. US$750. I bought mine from a major retailer in Southern California, used a credit card. The wetsuit will be well worth it if it works as advertized; no way to know how long the the battery system in the suit will be effective, real life use is to come.

daniel f aleman:
Half of a drysuit. US$750. I bought mine from a major retailer in Southern California, used a credit card. The wetsuit will be well worth it if it works as advertized; no way to know how long the the battery system in the suit will be effective, real life use is to come.

REALLY? that's VERY intriguing. Did you get any assurances on if the suit would work at depth?

I would be very interested in one of these suits if they turn out to work for diving.

Nothing in the paperwork that addresses depth; but you could tell from the surfers, it should be rugged...

From the website posted:

When diving beyond sport limits, a canister, serving as a pressure vessel must be used to protect the battery pack.

There are several types of this technology, but, the thing about this wetsuit is that the battery pack is so small that it is built into the suit itself.

Still my ques.tion would be like many others. rugged or not can the heating elements handle the compression of depth as well as can the battery pack handle it? Dive suits and scuba wetsuits are made out of diffent types of neoprene and as such have different properties. $750 is a great price if it is a surf suit that will work under diving conditions. All wetsuits are not created equal.

What's the thickness of the neoprene? Have they done any tests at all on SCUBA?
Where we be able to see one at a retailer?

Forget about the wetsuit, where can I buy that chick in the movie??

It would be nice to just buy the heating portion of this product and wear it like a light vest in a dry suit. The control module may be adjustable from within a dry suit. Reason? On dives with obligated deco in cold water, it's not a good idea to rely on electronics like this to keep you in the water. So, I wouldn't use the wet suit.

Back
Top Bottom