Theme for Nov. 1-7: Row, row, row your boat....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Anchors are cheaper than motors :wink:

How well do the inflatable Diveyaks paddle against current/wind compared to the molded plastic OceanKayaks?

I've been interested in picking one or the other up...

SuPrBuGmAn:
Anchors are cheaper than motors :wink:

How well do the inflatable Diveyaks paddle against current/wind compared to the molded plastic OceanKayaks?

I've been interested in picking one or the other up...
SuperBug,

Thanks on the anchor advice. ;-)

Sorry, can’t tell you since this is my first experience with a kayak. It is not as smooth and easy a ride as a hard shell canoe, though. I think the biggest problem was that we had the big dude (me) in the front of the Yak, making us hit the waves harder. ‘Twas quite comical, actually.

calypsonick:
I think the biggest problem was that we had the big dude (me) in the front of the Yak, making us hit the waves harder. ‘Twas quite comical, actually.

Ugh... I've made the same mistake with my Zodiac... It planes out much faster with weight up front, well, that advise most definately does not apply in surf. Flipped the SIB, swam it to shore(which was close thankfully), and walked it to the road, where one of my buddies walked to get the Bronco and picked us back up.

Yep... I'm sure it was pretty comical too... for everyone watching! :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom