Thigh pockets

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks again to everyone who offered suggestions. I put the pocket together in a couple of hours today so I'll put something up soon with pics, once I dig out the camera and get some taken. I'll try to put it in the DIY section as well, with more details about the build process, if anyone's interested in it.

So, here it is. It actually ended up being very similar to the DR thigh pocket...

Rough dimensions, 10 x 6 x 3 inches but it's a little larger than that because it's not quite as stiff-walled as I hoped. Materials are all things I had on hand. "Special" features: velcro pocket integrated to the flap where I will store small items like a whistle and signal mirror that I won't need regular access to during a dive. 4 gear loops in the main pocket, two on the back wall of the pocket and one each on the side walls. Integrated pocket for my EMT sheers on the side. Daisy chain on the external front face of the pocket, a light reflective trim on the pocket flap, and finally, a mesh bottom because the nylon I used is coated and really holds water well.

Theres plenty of room for my SMB and spool so I'll probably also keep my camera in here when I'm not carrying it. Convenient! I might put a small slate in here as well, but I wear one on my forearm right now so maybe not.

Feel free to make any comments or ask any questions.

P1000457.jpgP1000458.jpgP1000459.jpgP1000460.jpgP1000461.jpgP1000462.jpgP1000463.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom