Things you've found under water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I found a $50 last summer diving the snorkel trail in Lauderdal. Two spear guns (different occasions. One was returned to the owner six months later. The second after not finding the owner, sold for $150 and split with my dive buddy.

Hilariously, I had some family members believe that I found a gym bag of drug money (one of my secret fantasies).
maybe fantasize about disgruntled divorce money.

you'd probably be a lot safer if it wasn't drug money. be careful what you wish for.

I was snorkeling in the lake in October last year and on the bottom next to the boat rental dock was a large metal dock ladder. Ok, obviously at some point someone had pried it off and tossed it in the lake.

After depositing the trash in the appropriate receptical, I went by the ranger office to ask if they wanted their ladder back. They guy there denied that there had ever been a ladder on that dock. I'm a little flummoxed by the response and asked him "so what you are telling me is someone brought a ladder from home to the park, carried it all the way to the rental dock and tossed it in the lake?". He replies "must have". :rolleyes:

I asked if they wanted the ladder and he said they did not, so whenever I drag it out I guess it is going home with me!

last weekend, found a fishing reel and fishing line wrapped around a 19" diameter Giant Barrel Sponge with hook and weights at Flower Garden, FL

Hi all, was wondering if anyone has found native artifacts off Virginia or Maryland Eastern Shore while diving? I just read an article about how many of the indigenous cultural areas are now under water off the coast. I was curious if any amateur divers have come across any signs while diving?

If you're interested ... Free Live stream event with FILIZ T.: Archaeologist with PhD in Art History on Mediterainian shipwrecks: ( February 27, 2024, 03:00 PM EST)

info and free sign-up here:

A pair of false teeth!
But it got better, when I surfaced I saw a speedboat circling around. Some old dutch guy in it with his son. The son shouts 'hey have you seen my dads teeth he spat them out by accident?'

Attachments

• IMG_1304.JPG
    IMG_1304.JPG
    65.7 KB · Views: 20
I was cruising along a reef off of North Florida and spotted a neat old little bottle, like the kind they sold Snake Oil in back in the 1800's. It was laying on the sand about three feet from the edge of the reef. I went to pick it up to put in my ditty bag and a little bitty fish swam out and bit me on the finger! He was only about an inch and half long but he drew a fair amount of blood. I pushed his bottle home a little closer to the reef so he would be closer to food and less conspicuous to other divers and paddled away.

On another occasion, a group of us had surfaced, swam to the club boat and were waiting out turn to roll up on the platform. Somebody yelled "Ow. Watch where you put those tanks. They just smacked me in the back of my head". Somebody else said "Who are you talking too? There's nobody behind you".

After some confused investigations, we discovered a set of twin 72's with regulator floating with nobody attached. None of our divers claimed them and there was no other boats around. We turned it in at the Coasty Station and notified the LDS. Somebody claimed them pretty quick. He had taken it off to get in the boat and they were gone when he turned around to pull them in behind him.

I was cruising along a reef off of North Florida and spotted a neat old little bottle, like the kind they sold Snake Oil in back in the 1800's. It was laying on the sand about three feet from the edge of the reef. I went to pick it up to put in my ditty bag and a little bitty fish swam out and bit me on the finger! He was only about an inch and half long but he drew a fair amount of blood. I pushed his bottle home a little closer to the reef so he would be closer to food and less conspicuous to other divers and paddled away.

On another occasion, a group of us had surfaced, swam to the club boat and were waiting out turn to roll up on the platform. Somebody yelled "Ow. Watch where you put those tanks. They just smacked me in the back of my head". Somebody else said "Who are you talking too? There's nobody behind you".

After some confused investigations, we discovered a set of twin 72's with regulator floating with nobody attached. None of our divers claimed them and there was no other boats around. We turned it in at the Coasty Station and notified the LDS. Somebody claimed them pretty quick. He had taken it off to get in the boat and they were gone when he turned around to pull them in behind him.
I bet that diver was happy to see those again. Lucky they weren’t hit by a prop.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom