Things you've found under water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

well, let's see Yamaha 250 dirt bike - partner got it running, assorted Civil War ordnance - 36 100 lb cannon balls in one spot, assort ordnance and China off CW blockade runners off Charleston, (almost found the Hunley - grin) tons of shark teeth and misc fossils, very rare "Carolina jug", combed yellow slipware chamber pot (VERY, VERY rare), assorted bottles (4-5 "squat's) from colonial period to 1880 era black glass, SC Dispensary bottles (circa 1890), clay pipes, brass porthole from CW blockade runner near Savannah, brass tourniqet screw from CW blockade runner, assort other misc. bottles and jugs, very nice 30-06 with Leopold Scope in good condition (sold it for a hundred bucks), several pistols, one shotgun, many ginger beer bottles, CW officers buckle (eagle with applied silver wreath) numerous arrowheads, huge millstone - friend pulled it out with a forestry department crawler -...tha's about it.

I may have been that guy that was lower. Something very similar happened a few years back, this guy was on 30% and heading into the abiss down the wall....he was too low for his buddies to get him so I went down (straight air for me on that dive). I caught up to him at 155 feet. His buddies said that he'd be dead if I didn't get him. What an idiot!! I didn't even know the guy, but would not chose to dive with him in the future if I did know him.

JT

Mask, snorkels, sunglasses, golf balls, G.I. Joe figure, ring, and toilet to name a few.

All the regular stuff...A bunch of anchors, trash, mask and snorkles, sunglasses, but the best thing so far is a pair of cargo shorts with $24 and a folding knife in the pocket :)
Find all the good stuff in lake mojave AZ after busy weekends

I found a ring in a local lake so i took it in to a local pawn shop they paid me 1000

If you took it to a jeweler, you'd probably get a whole lot more than 1,000 if the pawn shop gave you that. Pawn shops always lowball customers.

In Okinawa, Japan we often find womens underware. I think it is because main land Japanese girls come from the cold areas of Tokyo to Okinawa, and find the water 84F and take late night skinny dip. I have found at least 20 pairs just off the sea wall of American Village. One would think these girls would be afraid of the sea sankes that are all over these locations.

Since my last post in this thread, a new 25 lbs. danforth and 60' of steel chain, with 200' of rope. A game bag, a reel, EMT shears, and a spoon.

a fish (kidding)

I've found
a cheap knockoff of those rambo/survival knives with the cheesy globe compass in the handle
a 100 peso note
a new life vest from those passenger banca boats ... yes, it was underwater.
a bunch of glass coke~cola bottles with beginnings of growth on them... and still good!
large olde-style hook looking anchor
bedroom wall-mirror
desk
hundreds of cig lighters
halcyon weight pouch
the front 3 feet of a paraw sailing boat that had somehow lost... well, the front 3 feet of itself.

Back
Top Bottom