Things you've found under water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

On my last group dive in Moosehead Lake, ME one diver found a brand new fishing net, brand new swim platform ladder, and an anchor in 100' of water.
brian ladder.jpgladder.jpgnet.jpg

I'm usually looking for anchors on the Yaquina South Jetty (Newport, Oregon). I've written about them before.

But coming up on the 3rd finger there was a mask with attached snorkel. The mask had a strap that read "Eugene Skin Divers Supply" (a great shop that's 2 1/2 hours away). I contacted the local shop & Eugene, but no one claimed it. I put it with my snorkeling stuff and it has seen the World - just used it in a swimming pool with the Grandchildren in Chiang Mai Thailand (September 2015).

Someone finally took the broken anchor that I was the first to find in August. There are two other large "homemade" anchors down there.

I'll be going to South Jetty this Friday (October 23rd, 2015) - 1st time since diving the 84F degree waters of Thailand in September. I'll see if the two homemade anchors are still there. I'm hoping to find a big lingcod, but one never knows. :)

View attachment 216669View attachment 216670View attachment 216671 Today good finds... A sealed bottle of Ron bacardi dated 1940... YES... 75 yr old aged rum.. Don't know whats in the other bottle that is corded.. And a early 1800 inkwell.... Boy I love treasure hunting..

Jim...
You scored some nice finds there OST, looks like fresh water finds too so the rum might be drinkable.
Years ago I found an ink well just like the one you found, those are rare finds for sure.
Congrats on some real cool finds Oldschoolto
ZDD

You scored some nice finds there OST, looks like fresh water finds too so the rum might be drinkable.
Years ago I found an ink well just like the one you found, those are rare finds for sure.
Congrats on some real cool finds Oldschoolto
ZDD

Thanks Dave...Yes, Freshwater lake.... COLD freshwater.... :eek::nailbiter::nailbiter::nailbiter:

Jim....

Found a NOAA weather balloon last year.20151024_211544.jpg
[video=youtube;O-_uXzboDmw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-_uXzboDmw[/video]

Where I dive there are all kinds of treasures back in the sixties they flooded the st lawrence and there are many bottle dumps I've found countless old and interesting bottles as well as a brand new 18ft extension ladder we assume it fell off a barge that was recovering two sunken tugs that were dismantling the bridge in cornwall I found a laptop fishing rods ammunition of varying size that wasn't spent sent those to the local Leo station for proper disposal the best was this one dive on our way back found a kiddie fishing rod that wasn't there on our way to so it just fell in came back with it and found this little 3yr old who was crying his eyes out cuz he lost his rod we made his day by bringing it back to him

Wow, great vis for Newport! Where is Green Bridge? Is it anywhere near King's Beach?
Green Bridge is on the same road that Kings beach is about halfway between King's Beach and the mansions. bit of a swim out, but typically better than the bay. It is more exposed than other spots, but it is a big and diverse area. Check out my other dive videos. https://www.youtube.com/user/richpalmer64/videos

Green Bridge is on the same road that Kings beach is about halfway between King's Beach and the mansions. bit of a swim out, but typically better than the bay. It is more exposed than other spots, but it is a big and diverse area. Check out my other dive videos. https://www.youtube.com/user/richpalmer64/videos

Thanks for the info. I've dived at Kings Beach a few times; once with terrific vis (20' +), and some with lousy vis. I'm buying a diving kayak, so may check out Green Bridge from that instead of swimming out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom