This dive was a 10+

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diver Joe:
Go ahead James, you've probably got some good points to pass along.

But this is what I see.

First: For the boys in the RB’s, I cannot see any bailout gas. What are you planning to do when that system fails? And there is the likelihood that it will fail at some point. People have died over this even in 20ft of water.

Second: the RB boys appear to be kneeing on the bottom whilst working on the scooters or something. What are you going to do when you need to tinker with equipment when you are hanging over a 100ft or 200ft bottom? This is a most basic skill especially if you folks are running more technical dives. I realize that this is a dive in the quarry but if you do not have the skills available in 20ft of water then they most definitely will not be there when they are most urgently required.

Third: One of the OC divers appears to be using upstream valves. If the regulator malfunctions then access to gas are restricted or removed completely. The only option for safe diving is down stream valves and the divers I know that have had upstream valves fail will tell you no different.

I cant talk about RB since i dont know much about them

but one of the divers did have a bailout on them as you see on the right....

Those are valid points and im in no position to post answers for those points since i dont know the guys that well and they are way more qualified and experienced than iam

DS1:
I cant talk about RB since i dont know much about them

but one of the divers did have a bailout on them as you see on the right....

Those are valid points and im in no position to post answers for those points since i dont know the guys that well and they are way more qualified and experienced than iam

Where did this shot come from?, I didn't see it with the others.

Tom R:

From our secret stroke divers picture stash :wink:

Im kidding people dont start sending me hate mail

I sent you a PM TOMR

JamesP:
But this is what I see.

Third: One of the OC divers appears to be using upstream valves. If the regulator malfunctions then access to gas are restricted or removed completely. The only option for safe diving is down stream valves and the divers I know that have had upstream valves fail will tell you no different.

Lots of very experienced technical divers use posiden regs.

MikeFerrara:
Lots of very experienced technical divers use posiden regs.

so?

That does not make it right.

Tom R:
Hey...we had alot more pics than the few that we posted....

We figured we edited out all the Strokey ones :eek:) But you guys are just to sharp...

James... 1. The RB boys had BO Jugs. 2. They are in motion coming over the ledge in front of the plane. Thats me on the OC and on my knees sorting out my reel... Note there is no silt. I hesitated putting it online..but just like when I was there at the time...I said WTF and DI my way.
3. When an upsteam goes TU...you don't lose any BG. I know you realize this. Yes I can reach my valves

Thanks for your comments and concerns they are all valid concerns and I dont doubt for a moment that you are a very safe and knowledgeable diver. Im happy to listen to your advice and recommendations... Just request that you don't take offence if we dont always adhere to it.

Also dont take offence...but you can Catch more Flies with Sugar than with Vineger. (Think that's how that saying goes) I think you know this and are attempting to make improvements in this regard. Best of luck to you...

Resistance if Futile I know.

Safe and FUN dives to you all.

Back
Top Bottom