This Equipment is STELLAR!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And with that comment I have to spend the rest of the night trying to mop the coca cola out of my keyboard. Halcyon spent considerable effort designing the lid for the Explorer lights. It didn't just happen.

Have fun cleaning up....But in no way did anything I say try to take away any efforts that Halcyon put into making the light!! Please do not take my words out of context....:wink:

And with that comment I have to spend the rest of the night trying to mop the coca cola out of my keyboard. Halcyon spent considerable effort designing the lid for the Explorer lights. It didn't just happen.

First time I saw that lid, I thought of the new Halcyon lids. Of course, first time I saw the scooter, I thought of an X. The scooter doesn't appear to be a copy of the X at this point, and I don't think the can light is going to compete at all with H's market.

Unless you guys come up with a $400 bottom timer.

Anyone interested in some brand new faber 100s complete with manifold, valves, bands....Shipped...$850....if still available...

Could ship tomorrow.....Faber doesnt want to take them home and I just remembered

Is it bad to jack your own thread :D

Why does everyone keep saying the weight of the Hollis is so heavy?? The X scooter, 36 inch is 55 lbs! If you guys are comparing a 26" 33lb X scooter, to a bigger, heavier Hollis, well of course it beats it....

BUT

Lets compare apples to apples with both companies and its a 5lb Difference:11:

NOT NEARLY as bad as most of you are trying to make it out to be

Let's compare apples to apples then. The Standard body X is only 33 lbs at 26". The long body X is 55 lbs. Hollis has two versions, one that is 29" and one that is 36". Both versions, the 29" and 36" Hollis, are still 60 lbs each. The Hollis long body doesn't look like it can produce the same burn times as the X. This is very important for those who scooter in caves and do long underwater pushes. For those who travel with scooters, the Hollis doesn't look to be a good solution as it won't travel easy.

I'm also interested in how the body attaches to the prop shroud. From the pictures I've seen, there are no latches. So does it have screws that mate the body with the shroud? This was one of the big failure points the older Teknas had that led to leaking and full flooding of the scooter.

Heres some pics for you Duane...

PICT0030.jpg

PICT0034.jpg

Another of the reg, I forgot to post:
PICT0023.jpg

Thanks for the pics. So does the knob twist the body or does it latch internally? Looking at the second picture, it looks like the knob twists onto a screw inside the body to mate it. I'd be interested to see what kind of flexing the body would do at depth. I'd also be concerned about the lack of a nose d-ring (kinda makes towing a scooter easier). Is the LED light an option or standard equipment? I'd like to see it replaced with some kind of video system, almost like what the WKPP did for some Gavins.

Since I said I would post my impressions after I actually saw the gear I will...its not stellar, its just the usual Oceanic middle of the road stuff. The only interesting items are designs "borrowed" from others.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom