This Equipment is STELLAR!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here is the inflator for those that were worried.....

inflator.jpg

Please ask any questions you had about the equipment, Im too tired from the show to look them all up.....I do have the answers though :wink:

Mmmmm Datamask...I have a great special on those right now...PM for details....Serious inquiries ONLY...and no "I need to ask the wife first" :wink:

Don't worry... I don't have wife yet...:rofl3:

BTW, please give us some info about BT.

Does it have an average depth function?
Countdown function?
Navigation mode?
Price?

How about the new light compared to Sartek 10W?

LOL WT....Let me know when your in the area if you want to Demo one :wink:

Bottom Timer: Average Depth....Will find out tomorrow
Countdown....Not sure...I will ask myself for certain tomorrow...I had my good man John look into it all, cause I was in seminars...
Navigation Mode....yes, it counts your kick cycles in any direction, call it north, then when you do recip, you know how many kick cycles to get back to where you started....you can even do a square or more
Price....Looks to be about $364 retail will be $392

The new light looked alot nicer due to how it connects internally, as for brightness and size, Hollis

Price....Looks to be about $364 retail will be $392

That is too bad. There is a real market for a ~$200 bottom timer with a countdown function and depth averaging. But, at $392, might as well buy a Tec 2G and run it in gauge mode.

Who needs the kick counting function? If you are a tech diver you will be using a bit more advanced navigation techniques than counting your kicks.

Looks like the scooter price is the same as the X. From the specs on their web site, it is almost twice the weight of the X. Without seeing the Hollis scooter in person, from a spec war, they would loose to the X.

Why does everyone keep saying the weight of the Hollis is so heavy?? The X scooter, 36 inch is 55 lbs! If you guys are comparing a 26" 33lb X scooter, to a bigger, heavier Hollis, well of course it beats it....

BUT

Lets compare apples to apples with both companies and its a 5lb Difference:11:

NOT NEARLY as bad as most of you are trying to make it out to be

:popcorn::popcorn:

That is too bad. There is a real market for a ~$200 bottom timer with a countdown function and depth averaging. But, at $392, might as well buy a Tec 2G and run it in gauge mode.

Who needs the kick counting function? If you are a tech diver you will be using a bit more advanced navigation techniques than counting your kicks.

Agreed

Im sure they will have another just BT, I will ask tomorrow...and if they dont, strongly suggest it

Why does everyone keep saying the weight of the Hollis is so heavy?? The X scooter, 36 inch is 55 lbs! If you guys are comparing a 26" 33lb X scooter, to a bigger, heavier Hollis, well of course it beats it....

BUT

Lets compare apples to apples with both companies and its a 5lb Difference:11:

NOT NEARLY as bad as most of you are trying to make it out to be

:popcorn::popcorn:

Uh, no. The short body X has similar run times on full throttle as the NIMH Hollis (an hour). At least 10 more pounds of thrust too. It weighs 35 pounds.

The LION X short body has a 2 hour runtime with the same weight.

Sure, the long body X is 55 pounds, but it looks to have better burn times, the quoted 50% throttle isn't a good comparison. I can pitch down my X and have it run forever as well.

Someone on TDS said it best. Wreck/boat/shore divers want ~1 hour run times and light weight. Cave divers want SLA for reliability and don't care as much about weight. The Hollis appears to appeal to neither crowd.

Yes its very similar to Halcyons design on the light....I dont think they so much are trying to copy so much as its just a great design on how it goes together

And with that comment I have to spend the rest of the night trying to mop the coca cola out of my keyboard. Halcyon spent considerable effort designing the lid for the Explorer lights. It didn't just happen.

Uh, no. The short body X has similar run times on full throttle as the NIMH Hollis (an hour). At least 10 more pounds of thrust too. It weighs 35 pounds.

The LION X short body has a 2 hour runtime with the same weight.

Sure, the long body X is 55 pounds, but it looks to have better burn times, the quoted 50% throttle isn't a good comparison. I can pitch down my X and have it run forever as well.

Someone on TDS said it best. Wreck/boat/shore divers want ~1 hour run times and light weight. Cave divers want SLA for reliability and don't care as much about weight. The Hollis appears to appeal to neither crowd.

Gotcha...Im not a scooter guy and figured there had to be something:wink: thanks for the clarification

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom