This is getting really old, vol. II

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You're right to stock supplies for the inconvenience of loosing power and access to stores. You just don't need to move to the extreme north to save yourself from a Cat 2 when you're inland far enough to miss a storm surge.

After the Rita evacuation, we all have to think about saving the roads for those from the coast. I just don't want posts to get all people north of Houston trying to evacuate when something goes bump in the Gulf. I would prefer them to take the "necessary" precautions: like fill the car up the week before; have flashlights and food stored.

I understand the fear, being right here in downtown Houston, but we have to try to keep it measured.

lilycat:
You're right to stock supplies for the inconvenience of loosing power and access to stores. You just don't need to move to the extreme north to save yourself from a Cat 2 when you're inland far enough to miss a storm surge.

After the Rita evacuation, we all have to think about saving the roads for those from the coast. I just don't want posts to get all people north of Houston trying to evacuate when something goes bump in the Gulf. I would prefer them to take the "necessary" precautions: like fill the car up the week before; have flashlights and food stored.

I understand the fear, being right here in downtown Houston, but we have to try to keep it measured.

Never fear; I am not really moving to Nebraska. I realize that evacuating Houston was a pain, but if Rita had come up the Houston Ship Channel, then the story there would have been very different.

My mom lives in Lake Charles, which is farther inland than Houston, and I am very glad that she got out of there.

ggunn:
Never fear; I am not really moving to Nebraska. I realize that evacuating Houston was a pain, but if Rita had come up the Houston Ship Channel, then the story there would have been very different.

My mom lives in Lake Charles, which is farther inland than Houston, and I am very glad that she got out of there.

I'm really sorry for your mom and everyone in Beaumont/Lake Charles area. I'm glad she was able to leave. (Of course, someone from my office in Clear Lake evacuated to Beaumont, to stay in a trailer; I told her that was not a good idea. That person got caught in it in Beaumont.)

I'm still trying to figure out how/why all 5 million residents of Houston could/should evacuate - some of us in nothern areas of the city will probably have to stay even if one comes up the channel. We didn't leave, even though we knew it would be tough after the fact. Needless to say, we were a bit scared that week.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom