This kinda disturbs me...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I did not report it.

It was too amusing for me and my friends, I wouldn't want it to be deleted, it was up for a long time, but I guess someone caught it and it appears to no longer be displayed, I looked (briefly though) and couldn't find it.

But luckily, I had taken a screen shot of it then :wink:

Funny / sad. Did you report this to TripAdvisor? If so, what was their reaction?

Another tip when looking at reviews is to seek out some with 3 or 4 stars out of 5, and see what people who are critical but not outright condemnatory, neither cheer leading nor dissing, had to say. But consider the source. If you're reading about Buddy Dive or Captain Don's Habitat on Trip Advisor, take note whether the reviewer is a diver or not. Different kinds of people have different viewpoints.

One thing on this forum, though; when someone posts a review that flies in the face of other customers' experience, there's apt to be a post to that effect. And sometimes it's just different strokes for different folks.

Richard.

(snipped a little)

As for who I am...
For those without long memory, several years ago I worked at Tortuga Divers in East End, which is owned by Red Sail Sports. I repeatedly disclosed this fact. billinwilliamston knows exactly who I am and I dove with him and his family several times. I have not worked there for more than 7 years now.

Dive operators and their staff are very welcome to post on these boards in my experience. We just need to disclose connections so the readers can make up their own minds.
Drew would be the one who, among other things, finally made dive tables make sense to my 12-year-old step-daughter. I'll always be grateful for that. My wife is an instructor in Key West now and I do recommend her from time-to-time when someone posts looking for an instructor in KW, but I also make it very clear that I am biased because I'm her husband.

Overall, this IMO "fake" Cayman review website needs some sunshine, maybe from Cayman27 news.

afterall, if the Government will go after a youtube video, they should be interested in shutting this down too.

-hh

If I hadn't decided to drop it, I was thinking about bringing it to the attention of CITA, especially since the suspect operators also seem to be members of CITA. I'm done, but perhaps someone local might be interested in pursuing it on island. CayCompass might be interested as well...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom