This PeduliLindungi thing...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stepfen

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello everybody.
As I am flying to Indonesia in Christmas Day (finally!!), I've been trying to setup this PeduliLindungi app.

I've got 4 doses vaccine (last one about a month ago) and a European Certificate showing all of them, but the app doesn't accept it. It seems that the app is setup to accept up to 3 doses only. In my case it give an error message "Wrong dose number" or something. Interesting enough I can use the same app to "verify" my certificate with no problem.

I remember reading here reports that nobody really cared about this app (other than having it installed in your mobile at most), but in recent threads I see that people actually use it.

I'm more concerned with the airlines in case it happens to get a very diligent agent at checkin or boarding. Once we arrive in Indo I'm sure we'll be able to talk things out.

Any one with similar recent experience???

Thanks a lot

Just bring hard copies of your vaccine certs or local App that is used in your country if applicable.

Depending on where you are going, they may or may not want to see the

PeduliLindungi thing

During my two trips to Indonesia this year nobody, including local flight check ins, were interested in it.

I've got 4 doses vaccine (last one about a month ago) and a European Certificate showing all of them, but the app doesn't accept it. It seems that the app is setup to accept up to 3 doses only.
Have you tried setting it up with just the first 3?

After I set mine up (U.S.-based, not European) with my original 2-shot series + 1 booster, I got 2 more booster doses. Getting the PeduliLindungi system setup was enough hassle that I came on ScubaBoard to ask whether others recommended I try to update my record with the 2 additional boosters, or let well enough alone. The consensus was let well enough alone. So I did.

Unless and until they start requiring more boosters, or a booster within a set recent timeframe, it's not clear what the advantages of putting the additional boosters in is.

It'd be interesting to know whether you can try to submit just 3 doses, and whether the system will take it then.

Have you tried setting it up with just the first 3?

After I set mine up (U.S.-based, not European) with my original 2-shot series + 1 booster, I got 2 more booster doses. Getting the PeduliLindungi system setup was enough hassle that I came on ScubaBoard to ask whether others recommended I try to update my record with the 2 additional boosters, or let well enough alone. The consensus was let well enough alone. So I did.

Unless and until they start requiring more boosters, or a booster within a set recent timeframe, it's not clear what the advantages of putting the additional boosters in is.

It'd be interesting to know whether you can try to submit just 3 doses, and whether the system will take it then.
Same here. For me, it only allowed 3 doses to be added- the “Add Additional Vaccine” button grayed out after 3 doses were entered.

In any event, I’m currently in Sorong and no one has asked me about this app here or at any place on the way here:

Trip Report - Raja Ampat 10-Night Indo-Siren Liveaboard Dec. 2 – 12, 2022 Trip Report

Thanks for the info.

The problem for us is that once we get a shot, we can get only the overall/latest certificate mentioning all the doses so far. We don't get access to older ones.

Also the local certificates, the ones we used here in Greece from which I have several copies, are not accepted by the app. The ones accepted by the app are the "European" ones (they are different) and so far I didn't need them so I haven't issued any as yet.

Anyway, the app is there registered under my name. The vaccines are there (with the certificates), so I think we'll be alright.

IIRC I just uploaded the same certificate three times as it had all four of my vaccines on it at the time and it was accepted.

I didn't attempt to update it when I got my fifth shot, but it's on my local UAE App for Covid-19 vaccination.

IIRC I just uploaded the same certificate three times as it had all four of my vaccines on it at the time and it was accepted.

I didn't attempt to update it when I got my fifth shot, but it's on my local UAE App for Covid-19 vaccination.
I'll give that a try...

Edit: Didn't work

I am currently in Bali, arrived 4 days ago.
Airasia in Singapore told me PeduliThinguli was over now, no more, ceased to be mandatory, joined the choir invisible, departed to mysterious countries of ex-apps.
Actually no one asked me to show it neither at departure nor at Ngurah Rai arrival.
In short, don't waste you time with it, unless you're into vintage apps and like to play Pong on original consoles.
Upload your EU app for showing your vaccines certs or bring a paper copy, show your last one and you're absolutely fine with it. The most tedious part will be the waiting at the immigration desk, even though it took me only 30 minutes queuing for a delayed flight arriving at 2:30 in the morning (Thanks AirAsia!!)

I am currently in Bali, arrived 4 days ago.
Airasia in Singapore told me PeduliThinguli was over now, no more, ceased to be mandatory, joined the choir invisible, departed to mysterious countries of ex-apps.
Actually no one asked me to show it neither at departure nor at Ngurah Rai arrival.
In short, don't waste you time with it, unless you're into vintage apps and like to play Pong on original consoles.
Upload your EU app for showing your vaccines certs or bring a paper copy, show your last one and you're absolutely fine with it. The most tedious part will be the waiting at the immigration desk, even though it took me only 30 minutes queuing for a delayed flight arriving at 2:30 in the morning (Thanks AirAsia!!)

still with airasia bro? you like the risk? :p :p
ahah.... it is possible that to get you a good price they will have used MY money... damned thieves...:banghead::):)
What is the weather forecast? have a merry christmas in bali!!! :santa1::santa1::santa1:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom