Those health forms -- Truth or Consequences?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have. Stupid dive ops who don't have any knowledge about medical conditions making judgements on divers who already have medical clearance.

I trust dive ops to do what I pay them to do - drive me to a dive site. I do not trust them to make medical decisions for me, because they have no medical training. I wouldn't trust my dive doctor to drive me out in a boat, nor fill up a tank for me.

I totally agree with you. Someone with no understanding of medical issues may read what you put down on the forms and make a decision to not allow you to dive. It's just too risky. You should have your medical issues sorted out at home with your physician before you dive. If a medical person asks you about your medical problems to treat you, it's a totally different situation.

Adam

St Lucia would not let me dive when I was honest. I even had a doctor (my dive buddy whom I had certified with) but alas not dive. I was curred by the time we hit Barbados.....get dive....

I follow the DAN protocol for my dives and know my issues....so do my dive buddies.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom