Three tank trip in Looe Key for $42 on Living Social

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The deal of the day today for WPB area on livingsocial.com is an Open Water Cert. course by Pura Vida Divers on Singer Island. Cost is $199.

this deal runs every so often -- we bought it a few months ago and I will be heading down next weekend with my brother-n-law. Bought a cheap Intova ss-3000 camera so "hopefully" i will get a few pics and video out of it. Talked to a couple of my LDS and they said they were good so lets see :cool2:
we're both renting EQ down there since he's been out of diving for several years and i'm just getting into it

Ripoff Report!! LOOE KEY REEF RESORT and DIVE CENTER

Today Looe Key Reef Resort and Dive Center sez the dive is a 2 tanker and bottom time is 35 minutes each dive according to Dagmar who sez she works on the dive boat. So, instead for 3 hours of bottom time, we get waaay less than half that--70 minutes.

As everyone knows we all bought a 3 tank trip with bottom times of 1 hour each dive rather than 70 minutes of bottom time. It's not really worth driving down only to be ripped off by these people....................My sister was able to get a refund from LivingSocial and I expect we will as well.

A few days ago the shop called us saying the trip is now twice a day, do we want a 7am or noon trip. So they are NOT telling their customers about this new rip. They did not tell us until we called about something else. Can you imagine how many divers might show up at the boat only to find they had been scammed.

$42. is not a horrible price for a 2 tank dive trip--but not good enough for us to drive down there for 2 EXTREMELY short dives. If the dives had a bottom time of 90 minutes we would still go--but they don't according to boat person Dagmar at Looe Key Reef Resort and Dive Center...............

Having a 3-tank dive trip that departs a bit later was a big plus for Looe Key divers. I think they are making a mistake with this new two-trip schedule. Too bad.

I used to go there for a day trip when they went to the A Busch wreck and then on to Looe Key reef. Cattle boat, but no body bothered me with any non sense and it was simply something to do during my stay for the week at my kW timeshare..will not bother going there now if this is true.

I was told they are now doing a 2-tank trip twice a day with (2) 1-hour dives. I'll be down there next week so I'll report back after the trip. The 3-tank trips had short(er) bottom times.

So far 5 of our group have gotten refunds from LivingSocial, they were helpful and friendly on the phone so I wouldn't hesitate to use a LivingSocial deal another time.

Looe Key Reef Resort and Dive Center seemed to prefer that we cancel as well, they did everything possible to ensure that we would--cutting the trip from 3 one hour dives to 2-35 minute dives was enough for me though. Living Social said they had had many complaints and as of today are escalating their investigation of the dive op.

I dove with Looe Key divers many times (used to live nearby). Each dive location on a 3-tank dive was held for 1 hour, so if you went in the water quickly - bottom time was about 1 hour (50 minutes easy). In dozen times or so I went with them over years, don't recall these dives being shorter.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom