Thunder & Lightning....again

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

baaahhh! Neh-var!!!

I drove over to the Waikiki Shell to pick up some tickets. The cars that were parked along the park were all taking a nose dive. Water half way up the tires.

Gotta say that this has been the quietest spring break I can remember working security at the resorts. Maybe the rain has had a good effect too :D

justleesa:
Most generous....but nahhhh :wink:
I'll probably end up regreting this but, I'll willing to throw in a couple of hungry horses and a half dead dog or two.

After seeing the news reports earlier in the week about the crumbling retaining walls up in Palolo, I was wondering yesterday afternoon how long it would take until someone's house started sliding off a hill.

Well, just on the news last night was a report on that house in Aina Haina - and how the neighbors below had to be notified that the house might slide into theirs. Jeez.

Is your house anchored pretty good to that hill, Catherine? It's really steep - I hate to think how it tears your car up going up and down it every day.

I think it is sitting on volcanic rock. When I went around with the inspector, he said these houses are on cut-away lots, which is better than filled lots... there has been no settling. I do have some water coming down the hill collecting in the courtyard so I see I could use a french drain. You are right about brakes living up here! One of the selling points of my car was the brakes are replaced (pads, too) under the warranty for four years. I gear down.The good news is the streets were engineered correctly up here--not a single pothole. They are pitched in a way that water flows off. I cannot get over the shape of the streets right now...that is going to cost the state some big money.
You know, there are boulders on the hillside up here below my house and last year a big one rolled into Nui Valley. Same thing in Aina Haina. that would be worrisome, remember last year when all those boulders fell in Nuuanu and killed that poor girl?
I lived in San Clemente when all these multi-million dollar houses completely fell off the cliffs above the ocean...

Al Mialkovsky:
I'll probably end up regreting this but, I'll willing to throw in a couple of hungry horses and a half dead dog or two.
Aloha Al, I think its a good trade. I need some SUNSHINE. I will work on Lisa to see if she will agree. I cannot take much more rain. How much will it cost to feed the horses?
We need to leave Waikiki.
Aloha Turtleguy9

justleesa:
Maybe we are experiencing a monsoon or something like that?

The thunder just shook our building and it is raining in buckets....again...sigh

Well the weather here right now is nice.... but up until a week ago I had spring falling on my deck (hint: spring in this case was white), and we still have some snow on the ground.

One good thing about the weather... it changes! :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom