Tiger Shark

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How about killing them in the name of science? Or for food?

Joe

JustJoe:
How about killing them in the name of science? Or for food?

Joe

ill do you one better: fashion.

no whats bad is that one someone is attacked by a shark,they hunt the skark down and kill it, or an alligator,the kill it or a lion,they kill the lion....now THATS wrong!!!

Sorry, it's still wrong in my opinion..but, like they say opinions are like *** every has one!

I have to agree with morpheus, I dont see a problem with killing sharks for food or science. Seems to me that the shark population has very few natural enemies/preditors and may actually need some reduction in numbers, considering that sharks are so close to shore in Florida. Add in the recent shark attacks in FLA, NJ and SC. Seems like the sharks population may be getting too big for the available food supply and now considering humans as lunch meat...

scubastew:
Seems like the sharks population may be getting too big for the available food supply and now considering humans as lunch meat...
I doubt it's that so much as that people are spending more time in and around the water than ever before, and that media outlets have realized that even the most minor shark-related injuries are big news, so more people are in a position to be attacked, and there's a higher percentage of attacks being reported.

That said, I'm looking forward to doing a bit of shark fishing myself next month. Not for science, for sport. If I happen to catch a mako, it'll be for food too.

MSilvia:
I doubt it's that so much as that people are spending more time in and around the water than ever before, and that media outlets have realized that even the most minor shark-related injuries are big news, so more people are in a position to be attacked, and there's a higher percentage of attacks being reported.

That said, I'm looking forward to doing a bit of shark fishing myself next month. Not for science, for sport. If I happen to catch a mako, it'll be for food too.

There has been a drop in Beach visitors in the past year or two and rumor has it on one or two beach on the Gulf coast there has been a steep drop off in people in the water. I think the shark "problem" on the Gulf Coast is due to more than one issue but none of them were caused by the sharks themselves. Good luck on keeping your spot at the top of the food chain, I hear Mako taste like chicken.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom