Titan Reg free flow

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jbrewer

Reaction score
A while ago I had my Titan reg begin freeflowing at depths over 65 ft. I took it to two different techs and they did some tweeking and said everything looked fine. ( not quite a year since last rebuild) Has anyone heard of this happening to them. I dive the puget sound and had not had any problems with it. (Diving year round) The first time it happenad water temp. was 48 degrees. I thought it froze up. Had it checked and the same thing happened at aprox. the same depth. Any info would be great. I have since picked up an XR2 and am very happy with it. Thanks:D

During one of the AOW dives, an instructor warned the class that the Titan's would freeze up at the bottom of the quarry (~90'). He reviewed the freeflow techniques with the folks who rented Titans from the shop. Sure enough, 4 of the 5 students had a freeflow.

In any case, sounds like a reg characteristic for you would be some sort of heat transfer on the 2nd stage.

Ken

Maybe it's just me, but does it strike anyone as BIZARRE that a LDS would rent /sell a particular model of regulator that is 100 % guaranteed to be defective ?

I sounds INSANE to be renting to AOW students a regulator that is certain to freeflow ......especially 90 ft. deep in a cold quarry.

One wonders exactly how many Titans the shop manages to sell after such a vivid product 'demo'?

I guess it might make sense to bring a spare tank/Titan reg set to the bottom and let students take turns momentarily practicing "freeflow" breathing techniques.....but to let people (especially students) use such an inadquate reg as their main air supply......well, I wish the shop all the best when they end up going to court.....I see a lawsuit heading their way!

Karl

Mine freeflows at 20'! I got the Titan because my old reg was a US Divers, a 10-year old model thatnever let me down. I thought that if I went for the same brand (Aqualung) that I would be in good hands.

Went diving this past weekend and my dive buddy had a free flow problem with her first stage (at first she thought it was her second stage but she was still having the same problem after the LDS serviced her second stage). We only went as deep as 33 ft on that dive.

I remember looking at her reg and found out it was a Titan.

:rfish:

Back
Top Bottom