tizip leaks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I know from my zip that I need to grease the docking end EVERY dive. Do I forget it, then it leaks. But sometimes I do it and it it still leaks.
With my suit it is not a little bit leaking, when it start leeking, the suit totally floods.
I have had this directly at the beginning of dives. When I went up and then down again during a shallow recreational dive (first part of dive dry, then when going under again, then flooded), at a 60m depth.
I don't have heating under my suit because I don't trust that. I dive in cold waters, sometimes under ice. So a leak is a big problem.

I don't like to have a lot of air in the suit, but I had never problems with the steel zip, I just put air in it as much as needed not to squeeze. My other suit (that leaks too now, but that is a glue-problem on stitches, will be repaired, warranty) has a steel zip and never problems). I have done dives to over 330ft, so it is not that I don't know how to dive a drysuit.
I have a WaterProof front TiZip drysuit. It zips down my front chest from right shoulder to left hip. My left leg started flooding with just under 200 dives on the suit. I though I had a hold in my suit. Sure as S@#$t the ending horseshoe resting position of the TiZip had visible signs of damage! F@#$k me!

Back
Top Bottom