to knife or not to knife

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fastmarc:
... but my knife looks cool strapped to my leg.

Seriuosly though, what is the benifit of carrying a shear?
I'd say it would be like using scissors vs a steak knife to cut something around the house, the right tool for the job in certain circumstances. I've always had a disdain for scissors since I'm a lefty and they aren't designed for "my kind" :D

RI Coder, its .45 ACP (Automatic Colt Pistol), not USP, which has to do with chemical and drug purity level.

I never dive or snorkel without a small, sharp blunt tip knife that has a good line cutter notch. When diving heavily fished areas I carry shears as well. I pity the punk who tried to tell me I had to leave my knife on the boat. How else could I quickly sever one of his hp hoses, should my Haldol wear off during the dive?

This "no knife no gloves" idiocy has to be stopped. What's next? Compulsory logging of dives? God help us all.

Charlie99:
I'd love to see what happens when that bullet tries to rapidly exit through a barrel filled with water!

How about trying it out on your next dive. Have your buddy about 10' away so he can report back to us on the results. :banana:

That would be the P11, also by Heckler & Koch. They make such cool toys.

http://www.hkpro.com/peleven.htm

Charlie99:
I'd love to see what happens when that bullet tries to rapidly exit through a barrel filled with water!

How about trying it out on your next dive. Have your buddy about 10' away so he can report back to us on the results. :banana:

I'm not sure about other handguns but you can fire a Glock underwater. The effective range is about 3 - 4 feet.

Link: http://world.guns.ru/handguns/hg15-e.htm

Umm, yeah. I think that would be a safe bet. :)

Definitely turn some heads at the local shore diving site. That's for sure.

Back
Top Bottom