Today!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I completely believe his story. Just re-enforces my previous opinion of his competence.

As do I. Which makes me wonder why he is getting such an easy ride, particularly when posting this in the basic forum where it sets the worst example.

I look at the reaction to gianaameri in the Innovation in diving thread, at least he was diving solo. He wasn't endangering anyone other than himself. He was posting in a forum where the participants are unlikely to simply assume what he has done is ok.

DD has taught his 15 year old, among other things, that it is OK to ride somebody else's computer. How many times have I seen new divers totally slammed here for suggesting that this was ok?

As DivemasterDennis says
To discuss all of the issues in dumpster's post would be too exhausting.
Yet I never expected to see him get a free pass.

And if it is not true, it does not belong here for the same reasons.

As do I. Which makes me wonder why he is getting such an easy ride, particularly when posting this in the basic forum where it sets the worst example.

I look at the reaction to gianaameri in the Innovation in diving thread, at least he was diving solo. He wasn't endangering anyone other than himself. He was posting in a forum where the participants are unlikely to simply assume what he has done is ok.

DD has taught his 15 year old, among other things, that it is OK to ride somebody else's computer. How many times have I seen new divers totally slammed here for suggesting that this was ok?

As DivemasterDennis says Yet I never expected to see him get a free pass.

I agree 100% with everything that you have posted. I have been the hardest on gianaameri and you could just about repost everything that I said about him here. I truly thought that the thread was a sick joke. i.e. Just on the tail of the Innovation in diving thread, new equipment for Christmas and trying it out for the first time, a 15 year old son which was the same case as the Eagle Nest's deaths etc. etc. Then to post a video of the dive...crazy! I am really tired from taking care of patients for 24+ hours over two days to even begain to try and wrap my head around this dive. Most of my patients did not do anything outside the norm to be in the critical condition that they are in. But here we have very health people rather begging to die while these CVA, cancer, heart failure, DM etc. patients are fighting for their lives. And then to teach your child your wreckless actions and almost brag about here to others is simply too much to understand. I have two daughters 9 and 10 just waiting to get certified (yes I know the age requirements) and hope to God that they don't read stuff like this. So I guess that I sorta just gave up for a day or two. Maybe tomorrow.

As DivemasterDennis says Yet I never expected to see him get a free pass.

Perhaps this little story serves as a good lesson to basic divers that: Hey maybe it IS a good idea to have your own computer.. rather than rely on a buddy's?

I'm also surprised that there wasn't more criticism of this dive although I suspect it is due to a combination of being an instructor, claimed dives and post count on this forum.

I'm not going to bash you, but holy crap dude!
Great dive story, keep them coming.
Not that I'm approving, it is what it is.
The more important part, how many bugs did you get and how did you cook them?

I'm truly struggling to find anything that was great about that dive. Although not SCUBA related every year here in Australia people die during abalone season because they take stupid risks to catch some seafood for no good reason.

Not that I'm approving, it is what it is.
The more important part, how many bugs did you get and how did you cook them?

We got 13 between the three of us. we normally broil them.

After the scuba dive, some of the guys (and I) went snorkeling with chum in 90 feet over some shipwrecks, which brought in some bull sharks. I shot a small amberjack, we didn't get anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom