Tofino Diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DryGear

Registered
Reaction score
Heading to Tofino this weekend with no real plan or schedule and wouldn't mind dragging the gear along and jumping in the water a couple times. Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with any dive sites or shops there? ...don't mind having to drive over to Uclulet if necessary.

I understand there is at least one dive shop around Tofino, I have no desire on doing any dives without at the least the local info but I'm guessing there isn't much for shore dives and we'll have to find a charter if we want to go out???

Sorry...wish I could help but I don't know of any of my buddies that have been diving in Tofino. Now surfing on the other hand we can help you out with.
Good luck,
U/O

Ive been shore diving in Ucluelet, dont have my logs to see where it was quite a while ago but it was from shore, and we got a map from the dive shop in Tofino, so I wold stopby there and Im sure they can help.

Thanks, I was hopping to find a shore dive or two as we aren't sporting a big budget and they seem to want twice what I'm used to paying for a couple of boat dives in Tofino.

If I hadn't just moved I could probably find my copy of 151 Dives and see if there was anything in there.

Thanks, I was hopping to find a shore dive or two as we aren't sporting a big budget and they seem to want twice what I'm used to paying for a couple of boat dives in Tofino.

If I hadn't just moved I could probably find my copy of 151 Dives and see if there was anything in there.

I just check my 151...there's nothing for Tofino. I know there is a bit of an island off of Crystal Cove that always looked inviting.

Good luck,
U/O

Yes, the 151 Dives book is subtitled "in the protected waters of Washington State and BC", and therefore omit the West coast of Vancouver Island. I am also curious to know if there is good diving around Tofino/Ucluelet.

I am also intrigued with a lodge in Barkley Sound, called Rendezvous adventures. Their website is diving Vancouver Island, Canada, Barkley Sound, British Columbia, West coast
Has anyone tried it or heard anything good/bad?

I guess i shouldn't complain about the 151 dives book, because it seems to be the only book for local diving, but I wish they would rate the diving spots. I want to know which are the best spots! If I am going to Vancouver Island, where are the best spots?

I guess i shouldn't complain about the 151 dives book, because it seems to be the only book for local diving, but I wish they would rate the diving spots. I want to know which are the best spots! If I am going to Vancouver Island, where are the best spots?

The further north you go the better the diving gets. Discover Pass has some awesome dives and Port Hardy is known for its big critters. Diving in Tahsis will knock you socks off! I would say those are the top 3 areas for critter diving. If you want wrecks flip into 151 and go with the authors comments, from what other say she seems to have the same opinion.
If you ever plan to hit Discovery Pass give me a call we can help set something up for you.
U/O

My wife and I are planning a trip to Tofino on June 26. We'll be staying there for 3 nights. I have booked 2 boat dives with Ocean Planet Adventures so I'll see how that goes. During my research, I was surprised to learn that little is written about diving in Tofino and Ucluelet. I'll write up a report when I get back. Looking forward to diving Tofino and be one of the few to talk about it. :)

Back
Top Bottom