Top 5?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mozz

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
What would be your top five wreck dives in the world? Why?

for the love of pete, the response to my post is a blow to my self esteem. i realize i could have placed this thread in a more apt forum and i am sorry. but, if there is anyone out there with an opinion, please let me have it. thanks in advance.

mozz

Hmmmm...

In no particular order...

The Doria
The Queen Anne's Revenge
The Moniter
The Star of Scotland

...and some as yet undiscovered wreck full of promise!

This question is a difficult one to answer, different divers go to different wrecks for different reasons.

My favorites so far, the San Francisco Maru, tanks, trucks and mines and the Sankisan Maru, which has great soft coral, both in Chuuk but I have not done much wreck diving.

My favorites, so far:
1. Tennie and Laura
2. Gunilda
3. S.S. Wisconsin
4. Rosinco
5. Rouse Simmons

I've only dove the Spiegal soit'sa naturally may favorite...... Has anyone seen it since it is upright? I bet its incrediable!

Only one favorite so far The RMS Rhone in the BVIs

Second to none - Only had the pleasure once since i've been out here.

Like most wrecks you get a real sense of history on this one. The ship went down in a hurricane in October 1867

The Rhone makes a superb dive for both pleasure and for training. The sheer size of it means you can do at least two dives without covering the whole wreckage. The easy descent from the surface to the shallower sections of the wreck makes this a great dive for those who have never done any wreck diving previously. The Rhone lies on the starboard side and the interior is still mostly intact, allowing some basic penetration. There is an abundance of life on the wreck, which is coated in coral and filled with shoals of fish. Look to the sea floor as well as to the wreck itself as there are the scattered remains of the boilers and deck supports.

Looking forward to the next visit

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom