Town pier Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

By all indications, Town Pier is gone forever. They extended the pier to accommodate the cruise ships and probably messed it up pretty good doing that. As mentioned earlier, the side thrusters on the cruise ships most likely finished off whatever was left. I had the chance to do that dive on three different occasions years ago and it was pretty special. I would have voted for Town Pier to stay and not have cruise ships.....but that's just me.

The story I heard two weeks ago on Salt Pier is that when the harbormaster had control of permits for BOTH, they regulated diving on Salt Pier. Since Town Pier is gone it's not worth their trouble, so they have just opened it up for diving and Cargill just asks that you not park in the working area under the conveyer. Salt Pier is an excellent dive day or night!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom