Toxic Blue-Green Algae Not affecting the Palm Beaches!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SandyBramm

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hello Everyone! I hope you all are enjoying your summer and diving a lot. I decided to post this message on scuba board because we have been receiving emails and phone calls from divers across the country concerned about the toxic algae that is affecting southern Florida. I wanted to update everyone that although it has been mentioned in the media, and there was a "false alarm" closure over the fourth of July weekend at Peanut Island. We do not have a toxic algae issue as of this date in our area. Diving from Jupiter to the Keys is still free of this issue, and hopefully we will remain free of it.

We have had very good diving this summer and we are excited about the upcoming lobster season. We had a pretty good temperature drop for a couple days last weekend, I am hoping this pushes even more lobsters into our area. Turtle season is in full swing, and we are seeing multiple turtles on most dives. My boat has had four tiger shark encounters on our southern reefs, and one hammer head even on our southern reefs. I mention this because that is a rare event.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, please pass the word on to all your dive buddies to not be afraid to come and dive our area. Stay safe and if your coming to West Palm Beach, I would appreciate you checking out our website at www.oceanquestscuba.com I'd love to show you our marine life, and we just added a new wreck site and it is fully intact, lays in 80 ft of water and is near the inlet for easy access. Come see us!

Capt Sandy

thanks Capt Sandy for your update.......

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom