Train wreck in 1939?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You likely need 5 posts before you can post a pic......reply after this and then again after a reply and you will hit 5 :wink:

Haha...Let's see if that works...

---------- Post added March 26th, 2013 at 12:35 PM ----------

Ok..that's not working.

Could someone PM me an email address that I could send the pictures to to have uploaded here? I'd rather not have to host them and hyperlink them...ugh.

Obst Data.jpgChart Obst.jpgObstr1.jpgRail Cars.jpgRect Obst.jpg

Thanks Hubbles!

If anyone has any questions regarding the above pictures, feel free to let me know!

Also, if anyone does make it down to any of these sites and is able to snap a few pictures, I'd be very interested in seeing what's down there :)

Thanks!

Rummaging through some pictures I found a few that were taken the one time I was on that wreck. The conditions were not great; there was ice floating in parts of the river, the sun was not particularly bright, and the visibility was rather poor. As I posted years ago unless you know what you are diving it's unlikely you will recognize it as a train unless (?) it is clear of sand. The day I was there very little was visible.

Thanks for the images. Looks like an interesting dive!

I am a railroad historian, involved in restoration of a steam locomotive in Maine. I would like to see a drawing or photos of the steam locomotive wreckage in the Piscataqua River. This is purely for research purposes, as I am not a certified diver and not suicidal! First hand accounts (primary resource account) would be greatly appreciated.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom