Travel and diving tips

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you shave your head you don't have to worry about knots, conditioner or hair thingys..:D

Woolite is great for washing some clothes in the bathtub/sink
Ladies, don't forget the leave-in conditioner so you're hair won't get as tangled/knotted up :D
- Oh, and lots of hairbands to keep it all at bay!
I was just looking at my list and realized that I was missing the woolite/laundry soap and the plug strip. I usually bring them, but don't know were it went on the list. :confused:

I have also found a biodegradible condition for my hair. Yea!
I have long hair like you John and find that putting conditioner in, braiding it and putting on some type of hair covering helps to keep it from getting damaged. A head covering is also good to keep anyone from getting a sunburn on their scalp, especially those who are hair challanged.:)

If you wear a prescription mask - you may want to have a spare - nothing's worse than not being able to see clearly when you dive....or having a rental mask that leaks.

Anyone planning on using their credit cards or debit cards on the trip should call their bank or card issuer to notify them of the upcoming trip. Tell them you will be traveling to Mexico and what your dates of travel are. If you don't do this you may get there and find your card will not work. The anti-fraud/security departments have a habit of putting a hold on your card if it suddenly starts wanting to do business in Mexico. Trust me, it's much easier to deal with this in the states prior to the trip than trying to sort it out from Mexico when you need something in a hurry.

I always, well almost always, do this but I forgot on my last trip and the #@%^&#@! ATM wouldn't give me any $#@$ cash on my way out to dinner. Thank goodness for trusting friends!

Have a great trip everybody!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom