Travel to manila then Sabang

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi guys, I will be travelling to Manila and arriving Sunday 2nd December at 4.30pm from the UK. I have been before but on an organised trip so all transfers were included, this also meant I was stung for a stupid amount of money and since then I have found out you can do it for much less on my own. I will be travelling to Sabang on the island of Mindoro and I have booked the hotel from Monday 3rd. My idea was to meet someone at the airport and stay in manila in a hotel (cheap) 1 night, then catch a bus to batangas, then the ferry to sabang. This has fallen through and now I need to make my own way to Sabang.
My Idea now is to stay in Manila the night I arrive and then catch a bus to Batangas, then the ferry to Sabang. I don’t know where to get a taxi from or where to get the busses or how much it will cost. I would appreciate it if there is anyone that can recommend a cheap hotel or place to stay in manila and where to get a taxi and where the busses are from and the ferry.
Or if anyone has any other ideas please let me know.
Please feel free to reply with as much info as you can.
Sorry for being a pain.
Many thanks.
John

Hi John,

By far the best option would be to stay in Malate overnight then get the Si-Kat service the following morning - the Si-Kat will pretty much take you door to door from Malate to Sabang for about 10 GBP

Si-Kat Puerto Gallera

Hope that helps,

Karl

Private transport arranged through a dive center will cost around $100 one way

Hi there Karl, thanks for that, i wil look into it, 1 question , it might sound daft, how do i get to Malate ( i have not looked as yet but will look later), any help is much appreciated.Many thanks, let me know what you can advise.John

1. Reserve your room at City State Tower Hotel on line.
2. Get a yellow airport taxi outside the arrival hall to the hotel. You can also get the ordinary white taxi outside the upstair departure hall if you want to save about P50.00.
3. The rest is easy.
4. There are a lot of money changers along Mabini St and the best one is EDZEN which is two blocks away to the right of the hotel as you come out. Ignore anyone one who claim to give best rate, SCAM.

An easy option if you are a little unfamiliar with getting around might be to use the travel services from Swagman Hotel, in Ermita, Manila. They obviously offer rooms, but also a free transfer to and from the airport, although thre Swagman Hotel is quite well known amongst freelance taxi drivers. They run a bus service to Puerto Galera that leaves the hotel at 8am, and the cost is only 880 peso (including ferry fees). See the link www.swaggy.com and the link Fly The Bus. Alternatively, take a private taxi to Batangas, and pick up the ferry yourself, although the cost will be higher.. maybe 3000 peso. There are also plenty of public buses from Manila.. its a pleasant enough trip on a good road, and from memory only 100 - 200 peso. When you get off the bus, a friendly helper will pick you up, carry your bags, buy you the right ticket, and put you into the ferry terminal... for a fee!! Most dive centres in PG would also help with travel arrangements.

---------- Post added November 23rd, 2012 at 05:26 AM ----------

I meant to add that on my usual budget, I would consider the Swagman Hotel a little expensaive.. 2250 to 2900 peso. I have stayed at the Slouch Hat Inn and Pub nearby (literally five minutes walk) on two occasions. Rooms here start at 1300 peso... basic, but more than adequate. See www.theslouchhat.com

Back
Top Bottom