Trip planning for Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bryanmc57

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
My wife an I are planning a dive trip to Cozumel probably next October (2008). Looking at all the options on the 'net is making my head spin. I'm a rabid diver and would want to do 12-15 dives in a week, she would probably like to do 4 or 5 dives in a week. What would you guys recommend? Obviously she want's a nice place to stay since she won't be diving constantly. The all inclusive places sound nice but then I've seen comments about how reasonable it is to eat out in Coz. I guess I'm looking for you to draw on your experiences and recommend hotels, plans, dive operators and the whole enchilada...
Thanks in advance....
Bryan

Many of the larger resort have their own dive operation. The boats are often large with a lot of people. I would never dive with those. I prefer smaller dive operations. No more than 6 divers. I dove with Sergio Sandoval at Aquatic Sports. He has been diving 30 years with no accidents. I spent a month diving with him. He is a great man. Also Cristina roman is cool, she now has her own boat. I am going in December and will dive with her. Small groups. I prefer slower boats that have lunch, than the super speedy ones that are back in the blink of an eye.

There are many fun places to eat in Cozumel, you can eat very very inexpensive if you walk back a block or two. I am staying at a B&B this time. Have not finalized that yet. You can check cozumel.net for info on places to stay. tripadviser.com has reviews of most hotels and B&B's on cozumel. I would not want to stay at an all inclusive myself, I like to be out and about, discovering new things. The town has so much to offer, with the warmth of the locals. hope you have a great trip. I will report back after my return. Hopefully with some good pics this time. I just got a new camera. heheh

brayanmc57,
welcome to this board.
cozumel has lots of choices.
everyone here has their favourite places.
one of mine is casa del mar.
their cabanas with ai is a good deal.
they have a pool with swim up bar.
cab ride into town is $4.
most of the ops will pick you up at their peir.
regards,

There is a fantastic site: www.cozumelmycozumel.com which has a list of wonderful restaurants and also a good overview of lodging. It should get you salivating and straying away from the all inclusive.

I'm a fan of renting a condo or villa depending on how many people I'm traveling with. It gives me a chance to have great facilities yet more privacy then a hotel. I've rented from David at www.athomecozumel.com who is great as well as made some private rentals at sites such as www.vrbo.com -- I've yet to be disappointed. October is slow season so the rates are the lowest you will find.

Enjoy!

Check out Christi's "Sticky" Thread a the top of the Cozumel forum. LOTS of good information and links to much of the information that you are looking for...

Ravie...
It doesn't always make all the difference. I've had good and bad at both ends of the price spectrum. More important than price is quality. That's why I'm drawing on everyones collective experiences.

My husband and I stayed at Cozumel Palace and dove with Aqua Safari on their fast boat. It was a great experience and I loved the Palace..rooms were really nice and the staff was wonderful at both the hotel and the dive shop...We enjoyed the food at the Palace and it was nice getting off the dive boat and eating lunch by the pool. We also had a lot of fun playing water volleyball after two great dives. They have two morning dives and an afternoon dive.

the last trip we took to coz i booked thru orbitz. air far and eight days at the wyndam all inclusive for two was $2400 for the deluxe ocean front rooms. i called the onsite dive shop{ sand dollar sports}direct for the diving. i was the only one diving seven days of two tank morning dives was $450
extra night dives were $50. i also rented a jeep for the whole eight days with full insurance was 400 thru thrifty renta car and they met us at the air port

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom