Trip Report - Puerto Galera (28Feb2014 to 7Mar2014)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Off to Manila April 18th,looking to dive Subic bay for few days then head to PG for a week.
Very helpful info here.
Me thinks would be needing my 5mm full suit in 23c, mind you we all different !

Just dive in board shorts and a rashie. It's not that bad, honest. Well.. at least until you get out of the water!

We had a ball in Puerto Galena -- the reefs are so lush, colorful and rich in critters!

I had to snort at rashguard and shorts, though. Peter and I dove dry!

Hey Bear, really nice photos. I think you accomplished your mission as far as the photos go.

Really informative too. I'm headed to Sabang tomorrow and using the same hotel in Manila along with the SIKAT bus and ferry, so I was very interested in the material.

I plan to use a 5/4 mil full wetsuit myself, but I'm also bring a 3/2 as a backup if I'm too warm.

Thanks for the report.

Bill

We had a ball in Puerto Galena -- the reefs are so lush, colorful and rich in critters!

I had to snort at rashguard and shorts, though. Peter and I dove dry!

Pfffftt... What was the water temperature like when you and Peter were there?

Hey Bear, really nice photos. I think you accomplished your mission as far as the photos go.

Really informative too. I'm headed to Sabang tomorrow and using the same hotel in Manila along with the SIKAT bus and ferry, so I was very interested in the material.

I plan to use a 5/4 mil full wetsuit myself, but I'm also bring a 3/2 as a backup if I'm too warm.

Thanks for the report.

Bill

Thanks, Bill! More than happy to share. Have fun in PG. Looking forward to what you have to share with us when you're back.

Just dive in board shorts and a rashie. It's not that bad, honest. Well.. at least until you get out of the water!
Yes my board shorts and rashie will be under my wetsuit one can always let some water in to cool down if get to hot.
:cool2:
Just weighed the 3mm and the 5mm and there is very little in them so it will be the 5mm for me.

Wow! I CAN NOT BELIEVE that you are a new photographer!!! Your pictures are amazing, especially the nudie pics! Thanks for sharing!

Water temps were 73 to 77. The rest of our group was diving 3 or 5 mil suits. They thought we were funny . . . for several days. Then they started casting envious glances at us when we were drinking Cokes on the boat, while everybody else was wrapped up in towels, drinking coffee and trying to get warm :)

That sounds about right. We got 77-80 during our recent trip, but it was unusually cool and windy for a good part of our stay. I see it's starting to hit mid 90's for air temp now... hopefully the water temp will rise also?

Back
Top Bottom