Trip to Honolulu and Key West

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dr. lockwood did indeed sell out. He finally realized when the boat was no longer making trips that maybe he had a customer service problem.... Mike Ange is the new face of the show, and Chris Norwood is running the day to day operation.

Don't forget about the middle keys, There is both shallow dives and some others around 100 ft. All depends on what you are looking for.

I have heard the Thunderbolt is a good dive from a friend who did it. I am looking forward to the day when I feel comfortable enough to get down that deep to enjoy it.

Highflier
PS. Tilden's in marathon does a thunderbolt dive

Wow....... Thanks so much to all the earlier posters. We did indeed get to take the OP diving. We hit some shallow dives to warm up on and the OP got to dive with the lovely Kaimana Ladies Liv and Christine. Next up on a rainy morning we braved the elements to take him to the Corsair Wreck and Koko's. Even though I didn't get to dive with you Dallas, it was a pleasure meeting you. We hope to see you again on your next trip out!

Here's a shot Blade got of you on the WW2 plane wreck of the Corsair:

DallasCorsair.jpg

Stoked you got to join us braddha...... see ya next time around!

Mahalo,

G

For Oahu - When in town (Honolulu) I like to dive with Marco at Waikiki Dive Center. Marco was the DM on our first Intro dives and did such a great job that we got hooked into Scuba.
Waikiki Dive Center - Local Business - Honolulu, HI | Facebook
- I haven't dived with Gabe at Kaimana but have heard nothing but good things about their dive op.

- If on the North Shore I like dive with Charly at Surf and Sea. We have dived with Deep Ecology and they were good but we prefer Surf and Sea.

In Key West - We have used Subtropic mostly because they have a double-dip trip in the mornings going to the Vandenburg. This is a great dive but IMHO I would recommend that you get a
guide. The currents can be tricky and it is @ 100'.

We also like diving the Key Largo area. Rainbow Reef has a free guide service in KL. We have also used Silent World, Florida Keys Dive Center, Ocean Divers and Horizon Divers and have liked them all.

Had a great time Gabe. The boat ride out to the Corsair was an adventure for sure. I don't think I've ever dreaded coming to the surface more than I did that day! Although, but the time we got back to the docks my stomach was completely cleared out! haha You have a great crew and I'm sure I'll be back on my next trip out there. Next week, I'm off to Key West for four days of steady diving.

Back
Top Bottom