trouble with my genesis resource

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Travis*N

Reaction score
This seems like a strange problem, but about 2 years ago I bought (used) a genesis resource "air only" computer. It was almost brand new, having maybe 5 dives on it when I got it. The original set of batteries lasted approx. 25 dives, the next set maybe 15, after that I was getting roughly 8-10 dives per set of batteries. This computer has now been used approx. on 95-100 dives and now I only get one days worth of diving out of new batteries before the "low battery" indicator starts flashing. Basically, if I put new batteries in, it is fine for that day, but next time I go out, even if its only a week later, the "low battery" indicator is flashing when I turn the computer on.
Has anyone with this computer heard of or had this type of problem? My LDS said that dive computers have a life of 4-5 years and they would gladly sell me a new one for $400 :(

PS: This computer works fine as long as the batteries have enough power to run it. The readings don't seem wonky and out of line with the readings my buddy's computer shows, and I am using a good quality duracell battery. I even tried the long life lithium medical batteries, but they don't last any longer either.

If it were mine, I'd have to see how long it would continue to work after the warning. Then I would go shopping for a replacement knowing whether it will be a good backup or a candidate for the "I wonder what it looks like inside" treatment.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom