Trying to Dive since 11/20

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Moodiejeff:
No, this was a real budget trip for us... we stayed at Caribe Blu (and loved it). I considered staying there [Presidente] 2 days at the end of the trip but am thankful we did not considering how the weather turned sour. It would have been interesting to see what rate they would have given me walking in off the street.

It was our intention to go to The Presidente and check it out but we both decided with the rate hikes it's unlikely we'll be staying there anytime soon. OK, never say never but we don't spend a lot of time at the resort anymore, we're either diving, eating or sleeping. If it would have been open this summer we would have stayed there and gotten married on the beach, that much I can assure you. It has a special place in our hearts.

From passing on the boats it looks really nice, definitely different. A lot more grass where there used to be sand, new paint scheme etc. Layout looks pretty much the same... Scuba Du is still in the same place. I didn't notice if they rebuilt the other pier (the one that fell apart 4 years ago ) so i'm assuming they did not. They were still working on the rooms closest to the calleta. I didn't see anybody walking around or laying on the beach but it was pretty windy towards the end of our trip :D. If anybody's going there anytime soon, you'll probably have the place to yourselves.

My real question is how the house reef fared (probably not too well considering what happened to the hotel), that was one nice shore dive. If that miraculously survived somehow, staying there in the summer (with more available sunlight) would look a lot more appealing.

And no, I did not do the shore dive at Caribe Blu either... it was our intention to do so on Friday but Pina Colata's at Chen Rio & Coconuts put the kabosh on that idea... plus the wind kicked up and the surf was pretty bad. Hmmm, now that I think of it, I never did get my $12 back :shakehead

I uploaded most of my photos from this trip Here if anyone's interested.

Moodie,

Thanks so very much for the report, knew I could count on you. I'll be at the Presidente next May 2nd. I'll give a complete report when I get back.

Nevis Diver:
Jeff,

Nice pictures. Was the seahorse at San Francisco? Is the grey cat Misha?
Thanks! The cat is the resident cat at Caribe Blu (named Blu?). Damn things know that I'm allergic to them 'cause they always seem to want to be on my lap.

We did get to play with Misha one day, she's a cutie! The pics are still on my camera.... I'll put one up later.

Lil' Jefe (the seahorse) was on Paradise... I'm very proud to say that I found it myself. He was really tiny and I couldn't get a good pic (that was in focus). The plan was to go back to get a better pic but the Norte took care of that idea. :light:

To Pedro's credit he was going to take me on a shore dive and swim out to the reef on Monday (since the port was closed) but the waves were just too rough... Once again, Christi and her crew will go to great lengths to make sure you get the most out of your vacation experience.

Good Luck finding the Virgins! Maybe we can sacrifice some politicians instead!

Bad weather always passes eventually. I hope you're all on the reef soon.

Nice pics Jeff!!! What are you using for a camera?

akbpilot:
Nice pics Jeff!!! What are you using for a camera?
Thanks! Underwater shots are with an Olympus 5060 & Inon Z-240 strobe. Top side are with an Olympus SP-350 which is my backup underwater camera if need be.

None of them have been photoshopped (yet) except for cropping, I'd like to clean some of them up a bit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom