Trying to figure out my new computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am surprised that he has not chimed in on this yet, but you can get online training on your particular computer. The simulation mode of most dive computers is often more confusing than reading the manual. Manuals will help to explain how to change or do what you want but rarely have a "I just want to freaking dive and try not to get bent" setting or section.

I have NOT used the product, but for a few dollars, they let you truly simulate a dive and let you push all the buttons to see how it will react underwater.
Here is a video showing who the program looks for your computer. Dive Computer Training
I think this will help you a lot for less than the cost of a pool trip.

I believe he is the owner of the site is very active here on scuba board. His posts seem nice and reasonable.

Jimmy

I'm sure you'll get more information on the DCT. I highly suggest it. The courses are only a few bucks and added with an actual dive, can help you get a specialty course certificate for learning to use your computer. So, tinker, read, study, ask, and use your new computer. I've found that most people here will answer your questions and/or show you where to go for more information. Keep with it and grats on your new tool.

I am surprised that he has not chimed in on this yet,
Jimmy

Quite possibly it's because the thread had no activity for almost 6 years until it was resurrected and on Good Friday! Quite ironic :D

I had a few Suunto computers including the Cobra. It is a fairly easy interface to navigate but it takes some practice. I wouldnt worry about the book too much. Try to find a Aqualung dealer in your area and they can run you through it real quick.

LMAO, sorry for the zombie post........... I looked at the month and day, not the year. My bad. Did not realize they had the internet way back then.............. :D

My exwife met some dude on the internet before 06. But she did travel by stage to meet him in person.:D
<br>[video=youtube;HyLMwzDR4qY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyLMwzDR4qY[/video]

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom