Tub for rinsing gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Anyone know of a store selling the 100 gallon rubbermaid bins in CT area? I see them online, but would like to avoid the shipping charges.

I bought a large plastic bucket with handles at Home Depot... works great..

I bought a large plastic bucket with handles at Home Depot... works great..

If you are referring to the 55 gallon one, I used one of these for a while in a sunroom that was carpeted. Apparently the plastic design is not designed to take the loading of the water plus the wet scuba gear and shortly thereafter I found all the water in the carpet due to a crack that developed in the bottom corner.

I tried another just like it but this time outside and it cracked also.

Bought one of the old school galvanized trash cans. (cheap) Will test it outside this season. I am expecting the small fabrication joint in the bottom corner to leak very slowly. No big deal.

It is rigid enough I am expecting to be able to empty it in a flash using the big foot push method

This was my solution. Made it out of T316 stainless. The fill is a 1/2 inch hose coupling... I just run a hose from the garage sink to the tank and turn it on. The drain is a 2 in. PVC ball valve. Empties from full in about 2 minutes. It measures 24 wide x 36 long. It's 15 1/4 in. tall on the fill side but I sloped the bottom to 16 in. on the drain side for easier draining.
I put the 120's in to give the pictures some scale. It holds alot of gear.
K

Attachments

• DSC01140.jpg
    DSC01140.jpg
    384.5 KB · Views: 74
  • DSC01141.jpg
    DSC01141.jpg
    391.2 KB · Views: 71
  • DSC01142.jpg
    DSC01142.jpg
    408.9 KB · Views: 68
  • DSC01143.jpg
    DSC01143.jpg
    213.2 KB · Views: 62
  • DSC01144.jpg
    DSC01144.jpg
    407.5 KB · Views: 66
Thanks Oren.
Yeah, when I get bored at work, somethin's gettin built.

Anyone know of a store selling the 100 gallon rubbermaid bins in CT area? I see them online, but would like to avoid the shipping charges.

Do you have a True value hardware by you?

They deliver to their store for free.

Back
Top Bottom