turks and caicos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

$500-600 out of detroit on US Air or American. You should be able to get cheaper out of East Coast. I'm going May 2nd and cannot wait for the trip. Booked with Caicos Adventures for the three tanker on Thursday.

Hi Thad, how far north are you in Mich? Your trip sounds great to Provo., we were there last year and had a great time. We dove with Fifi for a week, and took the three tanker as well. I promise you you'll enjoy yourself. It's a bit of a ride to West Caicos but the boat ride is smooth and the view is awesome. We were struck by the color of the water and how it reflects aqua unto the clouds.
Where are you staying?
Have a great trip.

Dive Safe,
Caymaniac :D

Now its between cacios or cozumel. I got 535 airfare so if my daughter wants to go i'll be going in july, she needs a beach so we are staying at the comfort suites on grace bay. If not i'll be going to cozumel.

The Comfort Suites looked real nice. I heard good things from others. Your daughter will love the beach.

The Comfort Suites are quite nice & a good value, but they are not right on the beach. About a 3 minute walk, inlcuding crossing a road.

Best regards.

DocVikingo

Yes, your right doc i spoke with them, my daughter dosen't dive so she wants a nice beach alot of posts say to go with cacios adventures but the travel agency i'm with deals with provo turtle so i'll diving with them, you said there a good op. So if my daughter dosen't want to go i will going to coz staying at the baracuda and diving with aqua safari. Thanks.

The beach there is very nice, and I suspect that your daughter would enjoy Provo. Yes, Provo Turtle Divers does an excellent job.

Hope it works out.

Best regards.

DocVikingo

aquasport once bubbled...
Yes, your right doc i spoke with them, my daughter dosen't dive so she wants a nice beach alot of posts say to go with cacios adventures but the travel agency i'm with deals with provo turtle so i'll diving with them, you said there a good op. So if my daughter dosen't want to go i will going to coz staying at the baracuda and diving with aqua safari. Thanks.

I used to dive with Provo Turtle Divers. They were efficient and very competent. The boats are big, fast and sometimes crowded. I stopped because they were leaving out of Turtle Cove on the north side of the island. This made for a very long and often very bad boat ride to West Caicos. They also occasionally dumped us in Grace Bay for some marginal diving because weather prevented them from making the trip to West Caicos. I see they now have a boat docked on the southern, more shltered, side of the island. Maybe they have amended their m.o. Its still a monohull boat as opposed to Caicos Adeventures' big cat. I still recommend Caicos Adventures. Good luck!

Doc and Tim

What about Grand Turk? Either of you been there? Considering this trip in Sept or Oct. I have read the diving is better if you like wall diving and there is no boat ride to speak of. What do you guys know about that?

all4diving

:sharky:

I'll let you know after I get back from my trip there scheduled for January 7, 2004!!!! Can't wait to try the other end of the Turks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom