Tusa Rs350

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

unit

Registered
Reaction score
Looking at buying my first set of regs, anyone have an opinion on the performance of the Tusa RS350. Is there a big advantage in having a carbon filter on the second stage?

unit:
Looking at buying my first set of regs, anyone have an opinion on the performance of the Tusa RS350. Is there a big advantage in having a carbon filter on the second stage?

I almost bought this one (The RS-350) when I bought my RS-240. I was told by my LDS that the 350 was essentially like the 240 but with the carbon filters. I got the 240 because I didn't see the "real advantage" of the 350 verses the extra price.

Here's what my LDS shop has on their website to what the Carbon filters do. (cit-n-paste below)

Hope it helps some. -mike

from http://www.divesports.com/mall/tusa_reg_rs350.asp
An active carbon filter cleans the air and absorbs smells, while a metal fiber filter eliminates particles as small as 100 microns. This ensures that the cleanest and safest air is supplied to the diver. This provides peace of mind, even when using less than perfectly cleaned rental tanks. Also, in order to achieve natural breathing, a dynamic flow hose with a large inner diameter increases the air flow. Thus, the RS-350 always supplies the diver with clean and stable air at any tank pressure or depth, delivering maximum breathing ease and comfort for the diver

unit:

When we are filling a tank, the air goes through about 6 ft of carbon filter. I'm not sure what another 1/4 inch will do for you... It's kind of a neat idea - but I've never really gotten air that need to be re-filtered. The performance of the tusa regs are great for the money though... from the 130, 240 - 350. We sell a ton of them - never have any problems, and everyone seems to love them that gets them.

I had the RS-240 before it was stolen when my house was burglarized. I got the RS-350 when I replaced my equipment. I was concerned about not having an adjustable 2nd stage (the 240 has it the 250 does not) as I tend to dive fairly deep for your typical recreational diver. I didn't have any problems with it on it's first dive. The larger inner diameter hose from the 1st to the 2nd stage really made the difference. Both regs have worked great for me and I have been very pleased about the money I have spent on them. The swivel connection to the 2nd stage also makes a BIG difference in jaw fatigue.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom